General "Honda Makes Us Dream Again"S660

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Friday 24th Jul, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The August 2015 issue of Top Gear magazine has a seven page article about driving a Honda S660 "Kei" car in Tokyo.

They are really impressed, ending by saying,

"Every city needs cars like this."

I've said before that Honda should look at a city car in the UK. A city car and a two door soft top? Even better, like an up to date "Beat." :Grin:

2. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Interesting look around ; watch out for the rear window and front boot space . Pretty cool look
    But are they going to export it or is it only for their home market

It's a much needed style IMHO

Cobh, John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've sorely wanted us to get some Kei cars over here for a long time now, the N-One and S660 in particular I think would be great sellers over here.

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think that needs to come to Europe but not with plans for it to be a mass-market seller.

It just adds some individuality to the range an interesting car that may well pull in more buyers for Honda and other models rather than this particular one. Same affect as the Toyota GT86 just to make the brand stand out a bit and generate interest in the range as a whole.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Definitely, I couldn't agree mroe, if for no other reason some damn variety on the forecourt. Do you think everyone would buy Audis and BMWs if their flagship model was a big slow SUV and they had 4 cars in the range?

John Dickson likes this.
  6. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Such a cool little car, I would love to have one along with the little Beat. I can see that selling well too.

7. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

my mate has just bought a New Fiat 500 lounge spec 15 reg ex demo 8 miles on clock £9k , as new version is coming out in Sept
    It suits her and is perfect for her city run
    But this s660 has more of an edge in its styling and probably more reliable. Would be interested to see its price if it came over here

8. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    ^ Are you suggesting this is a girls car for hairdressers? :Baseballbat::Laughing:

9. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

lol :jumpy: NO ! she is a teacher

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Honda-S660-01-800x533.

A good read: Honda Makes Us Dream Again - Speedhunters

John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'd love a 'Weekend Toy' like that. :Icecream:

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmmm nice I like it, perfect contender for a KSwap project ... oh wait that would make it an S2000 :Rolf:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That's the S660 again (good article by the way) - very similar to the piece Top Gear magazine have in their latest issue.

I'd have one in a heartbeat for the garage. I just don't get why Honda wouldn't do a limited import of (say) 500 to test the water.

Daihatsu have one too - the new Copen - somebody has already imported one for re-sale. Groooooovy...:Drool:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...transmission=automatic&channel=cars&logcode=p
    - - - Updated - - -
    Should add that I prefer the looks of the Honda to the Daihatsu. Obviously...:Laughing:

Nels, John Dickson and SpeedyGee like this.
  14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    They would be mad not to do a more global release of that, there would be literally no competitors to it either, the MX5 would probably be the closest to it.

That Daihatsu looks fugly in comparison, what on earth happened to that? The old Copen was a pretty little car.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh and that 'Make us dream' title reminded me of this

PROP140322-010-Cardiff_Liverpool-600x271.

am still dreaming of that league title too :Frown:

15. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Exactly @FirstHonda a limited run isn't going to break the bank. If there's no interest (as if that could be the case!) then it's hardly going to ruin Honda any more than the recent strategy (lack of) has!

FirstHonda likes this.
  16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have heard there are talks of importing this in the EU the decision are taking place. We know the 10th Generation Civic will receive the new small Earthdream turbo engines so this downsizing is the future and it will fit in to the Honda roadmap for Europe.

exec and John Dickson like this.
  17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  18. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Mugen one looks amazing.

John Dickson likes this.
  19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mugen concept which is class.
    upload_2015-10-14_21-55-45. upload_2015-10-14_21-56-30.

legend-ary likes this.
  20. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Surely it would be a good competitor to the MX5? Those sell like hotcakes.

Maybe in the future these might get tax brakes, i've been reading about alternatives to diesels and kei cars being mentioned, and boris johnson recently took a trip to Japan to improve business investment or something and took a tour of Japanese cars to get them to invest in London with the upcoming hydrogen cars, kei cars would be ideal for congested cities.

Ichiban likes this.