General Honda Manual Driving Challenge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julianp, Wednesday 19th Jun, 2013.

1. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Interesting feature this morning on the BBC Autos website (see http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130618-clutch-pedal-oblivion ) about how Honda Canada is trying to get people to try manual gearboxes again on their performance models. It sounds like they're fighting an uphill battle, but a performance-oriented 3.5 litre V6 Accord Coupé could be fun! I've always fancied the Acura TSX (=8th Generation Accord in Europe) with that engine (280 BHP), but you can only get that as an automatic.
    Julian.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Julian. however we in the UK can't view that thread you will be presented with this

We're sorry but this site is not accessible from the UK as it is part of our international service and is not funded by the licence fee. It is run commercially by BBC Worldwide, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the BBC, the profits made from it go back to BBC programme-makers to help fund great new BBC programmes. You can find out more about BBC Worldwide and its digital activities at www.bbcworldwide.com.
    If you are looking for Autos content in the UK please visit TopGear

a simple bypass use a proxy server

paste the url in and you can see it in the UK.:Wink:

3. Julianp Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paris
    Ah, that's ironic. Usually the problem is the other way around, with people like me outside the UK unable to see the BBC's UK-only content!

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you go thats the BBC for you.. One rule for one, and one rule for another? and then not to mention on the fly changes when they deem fit.

My brothers in the states use BBC iPlayer using proxy servers.. try beating that or I can give them access to a machine here in the UK over a 100MB line to stream ..