Honda Miimo

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Ichiban, Monday 20th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda Press release

Honda is to enter the fast-growing European robotic lawn mower market with the introduction of Honda Miimo, its first commercial robotic product for domestic use.

Honda Miimo is the perfect solution for those wanting a beautiful lawn but would rather not or can't mow it themselves. The ultimate time and labour saving device, once installed it needs minimal human interaction when working to ensure a beautifully cut lawn, every day, for the length of the mowing season.

Honda Miimo operates a ‘continuous cutting' system, typically mowing just 2-3mm of grass at a time, several times each week. It cuts in a random pattern, meaning less stress on the grass, more healthy growth and reduced moss and weeds. Unlike a traditional lawn mower it doesn't need to collect cuttings, as the clippings it creates are so small that they are dispersed into the lawn root system, breaking down quickly to act as a natural fertiliser which improves the health and quality of the grass.

Honda Miimo navigates the garden through an intelligent combination of controls, timers and real-time sensory feedback. It works within a boundary wire, installed under the ground or in the grass around the perimeter of the garden. Honda Miimo detects the electronic signal in the wire and stays within it, ensuring high levels of safety and accuracy. Powered by a high performance lithium-ion battery, it is self-charging, constantly monitoring its battery level and returning to its docking station when it needs to recharge.

Uniquely, Honda Miimo features a fan, built-in to its blade holder, which creates airflow to effectively ‘suck' the grass towards the blades. This ensures a superior finish and a more consistent distribution of clippings back

Honda_Miimo (3).

Honda_Miimo (2).

Honda_Miimo (1).

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I so want one of these.. no more lawn mowing forever!! it a fire and forget solution. Hats of Honda this is so clever if the pricing is perfect this will be the next Honda Cub.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Very innovative...it'll be interesting to see if there is a market for it.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

But what will I do with my Honda petrol mower?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The robotic lawn mower market is growing at an alarming rate there are a lot players entering this section, and with Honda vast robotic knowledge from years it was a matter of time it was used . I think this is their first use of their robotic technology for general consumer use.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My Honda Izy needs new cables and throttle lever, which will be expensive so I will nurse it until the pricing is announced in early 2013 .

I may even take the engine out and make my daughter a small garden go kart :Wink:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep it in mint condition, the days of the traditional lawnmower are limited.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a few concerns thou and hope Honda has some countermeasures in place for this lawnmower in the real world

This system is perfect for lawns with no pet and no leaves and twigs.I have all of the above and I have to do a pre cut check to ensure these debris are not there before I get things spattered every where not to mention my feet!!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds