Body, Paint & Styling Honda Mobilio

Discussion in '1st Generation (2004-2011)' started by Ichiban, Friday 11th Apr, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This car can be a success here provided Honda get the pricing right with the 1.6 diesel engine they can be very successful.

This could be the next gen FR-V even.? What do you think guys

Honda-Mobilio-front-three-quarters-at-the-Twin-Ring-Motegi.
    Honda-Mobilio-front-end-at-the-Twin-Ring-Motegi.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If it is, they need to get their marketing team out of 1st gear if it is to stand any chance.
    Just because it has Honda quality, it won't get anywhere unless it's all over the TV.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's a mums car for sure, all depends on marketing though.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Vezel would outsell this at least 5 to 1, it looks very dated. I don't think they should bring it to the UK market at all to be honest, I'd expect it to flop.

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

As @Chunkylover53 said, "A mum's car"
    It's the sort of thing I think they would buy and need to buy, to replace the Picaso and Xara rubbish.
    A good, practical, reliable car.
    A Honda.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Come on guys Honda Europe can market anything yet until they have depth in their line up. They are still lacking the "all under one roof solution" for all the driving needs. Honda certainly need to step up the plate and invest in money but we as customers need to give Honda some encouragement to get ideas..? Don't we.

We all sat here moaning to high water.. Come on get behind the brand

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Don't doubt it'll be a refined drive, with stellar reliability - just think it hasn't got a look to sell. I'm all behind Honda and their European recovery, I just won't get behind something I don't believe with sell well - that'll only hurt the brand further when the flop comes. I'd rather they focus on cars that are more likely to succeed - that's the Vezel, the new Civic Type-R and a new Accord with proper diesel/petrol options.

While Honda needs a family hauler, the Mobilo does not look like a winner. I'd rather they give us the Odyssey.

honda-odyssey-2014-0015.

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IMHO, there's room for both.
    The Mobilio should be marketed as a more affordable, second car for the Mums as a practical family vehicle.
    The Odyssey is the next step up, a plusher family people carrier.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes thank you catering for all your customers.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Do agree with the sentiment, but I can't see Honda being able to effectively market too many new cars at once.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    They need to otherwise be prepared to be overrun by Koreans it's nearly there buddy.

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Over my way, Kia took over the big Ford dealership and Hyundai have just expanded. :Wassat:

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TBH all Japanese manufacturers have laughed at Koreans since the early 90's as their business model was not were efficient not to mention their technology and manufacturing abilities were piss poor.The total collapse of Daewoo who spent like there was no tomorrow made the entire Korean business community to say we will fight the Japanese the other way.

Since then they have put their house in order and taken the game to the Japanese. Japanese now have adopted we will not enter the price war we will concentrate on our heritage and technology.. But that target audience who wants that ethos is gone...