Autocar Honda named Britain's most reliable car brand

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Autocar, Thursday 16th Apr, 2015.

1. Autocar Auto-Generated News Feed

_dsc3756.

Japanese manufacturers dominate a survey of Britain's most reliable cars.

Honda has been named the most reliable used car manufacturer for the ninth consecutive year, according to research by What Car? and Warranty Direct. Suzuki and Toyota completed the top three places.

Encouragingly for other manufacturers however, Chevrolet, Ford, Skoda, Peugeot and Fiat also forced their way into the top 10.

The annual survey covers 38 manufacturers and analyses 50,000 live Warranty Direct policies on three to eight-year-old vehicles. Warranty Direct’s unique Reliability Index (RI) calculates a score for vehicle’s reliability using a complex formula that takes into account its failure rate, age, mileage and cost of repair. The lower the RI number, the more trustworthy the car.

Luxury and prestige marques traditionally score poorly due to high replacement component and labour costs. Bentley and Porsche were among the poorest scorers. According to Warranty Direct, 93% of Bentleys on its books suffered a problem each year, making it Britain’s least dependable car maker.

Warranty Direct managing director, David Gerrans, said: "Household budgets continue to be stretched further in the current economic climate; the last thing people need is a car that costs them money they don’t have in unwanted bills.

"It is imperative that consumers research their intended purchases thoroughly before taking the plunge. Not taking the time to look over something as easy to use as our Reliability Index could mean making the wrong choice and inadvertently landing yourself with a car that causes you nothing but hassle and a financial headache."

Overall, the most reliable models are the Honda Jazz and Mitsubishi Lancer, both of which also carry reasonable average repair costs. The least reliable model is the Audi RS6, but the mighty Subaru Impreza is the most costly to fix, with an eye-watering average repair bill of £1635.70.

Get the latest car news, reviews and galleries from Autocar direct to your inbox every week. Enter your email address below:

Source: AutoCar

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Way to go Honda !

Surprised by the Subaru Impreza average repair bill.

3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Bentley + VW = unreliable. :Tongue:

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That list should be on a huge poster on every Honda showroom window.
    Additionally, 'The Most Reliable Brand for 9 Consecutive Years' at the and end of EVERY TV advert.

:gohonda: :gohonda: :gohonda: :gohonda: :gohonda: :gohonda: :gohonda:

5. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@tomwillie I've merged your thread with this on from earlier today.

7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh my I love Honda:vtec::gohonda::vtec::gohonda::vtec::gohonda::vtec::gohonda::sparta:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Me too :Wink:

MickyB likes this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Me three ! :Wink:

MickyB likes this.