Honda of the Month - August 2016 - Winner @RogerH69

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by FirstHonda, Monday 29th Aug, 2016.

?

Which Honda do you think deserves to be 'Honda of the Month' in August 2016?

Poll closed Sunday 11th Sep, 2016.
  1. @stephenbelfast97 with his Civic ESi Saloon

12 vote(s)
    17.1%
  2. @mickyb with his HR-V

13 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. @rogerH69 with his Prelude

36 vote(s)
    51.4%
  4. @chris2982 with his Logo

9 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@Members

After a short Summer sabbatical, we're back with the August vote for Honda of the Month. :Wave:

Since the last vote, much has happened - a vote for 'Brexit' for one thing - but what hasn't changed are the efforts of our members looking after and improving their Hondas, and sharing all of their work with others in their project logs, garage entries and across the forum generally. As usual that makes the choice of who to nominate very difficult for the @Evangelists - but we've debated, argued, debated some more, argued some more...and finally come up with a fantastic selection for you to vote on. Without further ado, the nominees for this month (in no particular order) are:

1. @Stephenbelfast97 with his 1995 Civic ESi saloon.

Esi saloon

A relatively new member, the reasons for nomination will be obvious to anybody who has followed the purchase and gradual improvement of this now classic model. What we have here is a very thorough garage entry with lots of 'photos, and an intent to get, and then keep, this particular Civic in wonderful - and original - condition. This should be an inspiration for any of us that have considered a 'modern classic' Honda, and for new members it goes to show that your efforts can be recognised quite rapidly if you get stuck in and involved on the forum. Will it inspire you enough to vote for it?

2. @MickyB with his 1999 HR-V.

1999 HONDA HR-V

Quite a sad nomination this, as those who have been following recent events will know that this lovely HR-V was recently - let's go with murdered - by a careless BMW driver...:Sorry:.

Luckily nobody was badly hurt, but the HR-V has now gone to the great workshop in the sky, where it can have its oil & filters changed daily, and where it can flirt with that S2000 that it secretly fancied! Nominated partly for sentimental reasons, but also because it fits our criteria - a thorough project log and garage entry and lots of useful hints and tips for other members. Rest in peace brave HR-V.

3. @RogerH69 with his 1995 Prelude.

The Wacky Racer - "The new Money Pit" (in a nice way)

This is a thoroughly deserved nomination, and is quite different from our first two contenders. Have you ever thought about having a weekend 'track car?' Well, if you have, you really should have a good look at this garage entry. This is a fine example of a member learning and improving a car as he goes, and then sharing what he has learned with others for the benefit of all. The evolution of this Prelude has been fascinating to watch, and we can't wait to see what happens next. This is a very worthy nominee - but is it for you? If you want to see it win, the only way is to vote!

4. @chris2982 with his 2000 Honda Logo.

Honda Logo

@chris2982 has been nominated before - with his FR-V - but this time we're recognising his recently acquired Logo. An oft forgotten and short-lived model (in the UK at least) there is a whole lot of love for the little Logo here on HondaKarma, and when you review the garage entry and project log of this one you'll probably start to hanker after one too! Chris has already steadily improved his car with subtle modifications, again sharing his experiences to help other members. Will this one tug at your heartstrings? If it does, you'll need to let us know by voting for it...

That's it for this month. Going forward these votes may move to being slightly less frequent - maybe quarterly - we haven't quite decided yet. We'll let you know as soon as we do!

I'm sure you'll all agree that this is a difficult choice, so all that's left for me to do is congratulate all of our nominees and remind members to vote, VOTE, VOTE!!

The vote will close in two weeks, on the morning of Sunday 11th September, just before 09.00am.

:congratulations: and :goodluck:

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    No brainer for me - Prelude it is without looking at the others. No generators this month?

CathyJ_NW, MickyB, FirstHonda and 3 others like this.
  4. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Wow.. logo up with a chance at becoming car of the month... love it, thanks for the opportunity .

For me it has to be the Prelude from @RogerH69

Good luck to all!!
    :Smile:

CathyJ_NW, MickyB, FirstHonda and 2 others like this.
  5. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Thanks everyone. Best of luck to all.

MickyB, Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good luck to all my fellow nominees, thanks to @FirstHonda for once again preparing a wonderful synopsis of all the entrants.(including my HR-V)
    I had owned it for over 12 years and it was a pleasure to drive, a pain at times to maintain but a whole lot of fun.
    The biggest task I had was the front end rebuild a couple of years back which I didn't manage to get into my project log but it can be found here.
    HR-V Advice/help needed (Body, Paint & Styling - )
    Although I will be moving onto a new section with the upcoming purchase of my 2nd generation CR-V I hope that I can still use my knowledge and expertise to assist any existing or future HR-V owners with their problems.
    Many good memories sorry our friendship had to end like it has done old friend.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    done and dusted matey :Wink:

RogerH69 and Ichiban like this.
  11. DamonT Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Damon Co. Durham
    The Prelude gets my vote! I rarely see them, and they look mean!

RogerH69 likes this.
  12. nick-b Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Nick oxford
    I know how much work is gong nto rogers track car, so he gets my vote. For someone that knew nothing about cars he has come a long way.

RogerH69 likes this.
  13. CathyJ_NW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Cathy Dyserth
    May I just say what a cracking bunch of cars, and what a great idea this voting thing is! :Yahoo: There will be loads to choose from if you guys make this quarterly!! #spoiltforchoice

RogerH69 likes this.
  14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    *blush* thanks mate :Smile:

Now get your project updated (I'm sure people would love to hear the issues you are having currently and how you're going about fixing them - and if you could get info on how you sorted the wiring harness issues you had with the conversion, I think that would be of interest to people as well)

15. nick-b Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Nick oxford
    I will try to take some pics and get an update up.

Ichiban likes this.
  16. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Boss selection and good variety - Voted - :goodluck: to all nominees

RogerH69 likes this.
  17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I think its fair to see who is going to win this one

18. JayG Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom JayG London
    Voted!

Good luck all :Smile:

RogerH69 likes this.