Announcement Honda of the Month - May 2016 - Winner @rayne

Discussion in 'Club Announcements & News' started by FirstHonda, Friday 27th May, 2016.

Which Honda do you think deserves to be 'Honda of the Month' in May 2016?

Poll closed Saturday 11th Jun, 2016.
  1. @filipa with her 4th Generation Prelude

20 vote(s)
  2. @nsxer with his 2013 Crosstourer

7 vote(s)
  3. @speedygee with his JDM Edix

9 vote(s)
  4. @davej5 with his Concerto

12 vote(s)
  5. @rayne with her 6th Generation Civic

22 vote(s)
  1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Well @Members this came around again quickly!

It's already the end of May, the weather is getting better, and it's time for you to vote on another fantastic selection of Hondas for the coveted title of 'Honda of the Month.'

In no particular order, the nominees this month are...

1. @Filipa with her 4th Generation Prelude

Honda Prelude 4th Generation Sebring Silver

How many of us wish we could find our ideal Honda, perhaps a model we owned previously and regretted selling? Well, if you review the garage entry for this beautiful Prelude, you'll see that @Filipa is living the dream :Smile:. This is a wonderful car, in lovely condition and the garage entry is thorough with good pictures. That alone is enough to see a well deserved nomination - but will it get your vote?

2. @nsxer with his 2013 Crosstourer

Honda Crosstourer

From a classic Honda car, to a more recent Honda motorcycle. This is another great garage entry, with plenty of detail on the modifications that have been added and useful information for other members who may be considering similar. This is one very cool bike, and well worth its place in the vote this month. Will the bikers use their bloc vote, inspired by the Eurovision Song Contest? :Laughing: Time will tell...

3. @SpeedyGee with his JDM Edix

JDM Edix - LPG install finished and certified

We get a lot of threads on HondaKarma asking about importing a car from Japan. We also get threads asking about LPG conversions. Well, this nominee covers both bases! That alone would have been good enough for a HOTM nomination, but when you review the garage entry and see the detail and the information made available for other members to read and use, you'll be left in no doubt as to why we have included this Edix. A very worthy nominee - will it inspire you to vote for it or even import your own?

4. @Davej5 with his Concerto

Concerto B20 VTEC

It really is a very varied group of nominees this month...and next we have a real classic, the Concerto. This particular Concerto - as you'll see when you look at the garage thread - is a bit special. With some nice modifications that leave it anything but 'factory standard' and great looks (BTW, nobody mention the Rover 200 :Whistle:) , it isn't hard to see why this has been nominated this month. Are you a classic fan? If so, you know what to do...

5. @Rayne with her 6th Generation Civic

Our final nominee for this month is different again. Do you like your Hondas modified? If so, step this way and review the very long list of modifications that have been added to make this one special Civic! Add to that the fact that this is a daily driver, and then marvel at all the pictures and detail in the garage entry, and you'll understand why we have nominated this particular Civic this month. Is it your favourite?

That's all for this month. Many congratulations to all of our very deserving nominees, and good luck for the vote.

Please do take the time to review the garage entries for our nominees. Members put a lot of effort into creating and maintaining these, so the very least we can all do is spend a little bit of time making our choice. Who knows, maybe you'll be inspired, update your garage entry, and then be nominated next month?

The vote will close on the afternoon of Saturday 11th June - so get voting!
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Wow I have too many favorites here !!! Some really cracking motors and I would say the most difficult decision to make :Grin: Good luck to all the nominees :Smile:
    Rayne and FirstHonda like this.
  3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Congrats to all nominated. Once again, all well deserving. Best of luck !!
    Rayne, FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  4. Rayne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Rayne Wichita
    Wow, thanks for picking my car as one of the nominees!! ^_^
    JayG, Timbell80, K24 CL9 GUY and 4 others like this.
  5. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Vote cast and good luck to all :Smile:
    FirstHonda, Nels and RogerH69 like this.
  6. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    all in
    good luck all
    FirstHonda likes this.
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This looks like it might be a particularly hard decision this month. For once I haven't got a favourite as they are all fantastic and again deserve to win.
    Congratulations to all those nominated and good luck to you all its a credit to your hard work and dedication that you are here. Well done
    Rayne, K24 CL9 GUY and FirstHonda like this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Members, please take a few minutes to read through this thread and then vote.
    We really do want your help. :Hey:
    K24 CL9 GUY and FirstHonda like this.
  9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats to all the nominees, all fantastic garage entries.

Get voting peeps !
    Rayne, Auto Ali and FirstHonda like this.
  10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Vote has been placed. ...
    Best of luck to all!!
    FirstHonda likes this.
  11. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Vote now cast. Best of luck to all nominees!
  12. 83427 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Czech Republic Radek Prague
    voted for concerto :Tongue:
  13. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    It's becoming a little more even all round now could be another close race :Smile:
  14. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I went for the Prelude. No dramatic changes.
    If the Concerto would have kept its original engine, I'd doubd.
  15. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Boss choice again - Difficult to decide - well done to all nominees :clap: :clap: :clap:
    Argh ! Decisions decisions decisions :help:
    Right then decision made - Voted - Best of luck to everyone :Hey:
    MickyB likes this.
  16. Auto Ali Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Ali London
    Good luck to all!!!
    MickyB likes this.
  17. Timbell80 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Tim Ebbw vale
    How do I vote guys/gals?
    - - - Updated - - -
    I got it don't worry
    MickyB likes this.
  18. Filipa Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wales Filipa Wrexham
    Can't find words to explain how it made me feel just to have my Prelude in here!
    It was, it is, and will be always a dream this "piece of metal" that I call my "Metal Soul" was real, then just a dream, and now it's real again, I have it, I am driven by my dream...could be even an 1.0 engine...does not matter...would love it the same way, with the same smile on my face, every day is an fantastic experience to just sit and turn the key, and when I turn the key, all problems, all depression I faced...everything goes with the starter...that's it!
    Magic happens every day...

Thank you guys :Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile: Thank you all!
    K24 CL9 GUY, Rayne, MickyB and 5 others like this.
  19. nsxer Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Many thanks for nomination on the XT!
    Really appreciated
  20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

30 votes already @Members and quite a close race shaping up again.

Get your votes in here, then worry about the EU Referendum later!

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 29th May, 2016
    K24 CL9 GUY and MickyB like this.