Introductions Honda owner(past) of 2 door hatchback Accord 1979 and current owner of 2007/8 Legend

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by amelfango, Friday 19th Oct, 2012.

1. amelfango New Member Getting Started

Hello all,

I have just bought a Legend- what a motor!

I am a one time employee of HUK and was the one who began Homologation testing in UK with the first Accord in I think 1975 or 6.

I currently have also an FR-V 2010 reg and my wife has a Jazz and an S2000. I also have some Honda 2 wheelers.

Great to see an Accord forum.

Rob Kyle

Last edited: Friday 19th Oct, 2012
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Honda owner(past) of 2 door hatchback Accord 1979 and current owner of 2007/8 Leg

Welcome to AOC Rob , good to have another Honda through and through enthusiast on here. Please do post pictures of your cars on in the garage section.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Honda owner(past) of 2 door hatchback Accord 1979 and current owner of 2007/8 Leg

Hello Rob and welcome to AOC.

4. amelfango New Member Getting Started

Rob,
    Thanks for welcome. It is so long ago that I took the first Accord to MIRA for the "crash" test. It's amazing that the name is still going- we never thought it would. There was quite some negativity within and without Honda UK to the names of both the Civic and the Accord. I even collated the "Post Civic" study for all Europe in Summer I think in 1977. So much for what many of us thought.

Regards,

Rob

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham

Wow .. you've got some stories to tell us ! :Smile:

Oh and welcome to AOC Rob.

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    Just recently joined myself, I to had a 79 accord, fantastic car shame about the rust problem,
    I,m sure you have some stories in the future for us,
    Welcome and best wishes.