Found Honda Owner Seeks Younger Model

Discussion in 'Other Items' started by AccordMavman, Tuesday 2nd Sep, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hey guys n gals, I need your help again!

Sad times, my 6th Generation Accord is retiring. :sweating::sweating:

To ease the pain, I need to find:
    • 7th Generation CTDI - Executive/EX Spec with Sat Nav
    • Any colour (apart from white)
    • Will consider up to around 125,000 miles (must have full service history, pref Honda)
    Let me know if you hear of or know a machine that ticks my wish list!!!!!!!!:SOS::SOS::SOS:

Thanks!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You got a budget in mind ? We can then have a collective look.

3. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Yes, sorry, it would have helped if I'd put that in the 1st place! Up to about £4.5k I reckon. I'd also really prefer the facelift model (I think from around 06 plate onwards?) as it seems to have quite a bit more kit than the earlier versions...

Thanks for coming back to me.

James

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    With your budget a Facelift should be doable with 60-80k if you're willing to wait, I found one cheap though unfortunately it's a Cat D.

media?id=ccbbee47eb68839e92d07f877866b4e9

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Do you think the owner of that last accord would notice if I happened to accidentally swap my alloys over with his infernos in the middle of the night?

Chunkylover53 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  7. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for sending this one through. I had seen it previously and was initially put off by the CAT D but have since been wondering if it's such a big deal - if I can get some proper detail about why it's been recorded and it isn't scary. There can't be many 7 or 8 year old cars out there that haven't sustained a punch at some point in their lives. And this was the lowest mileage one I've found so far, by some way. All I've seen at this price so far is ones with 4 or 5 stamps in the service book with 100k plus on the clock, despite being told they had a full service history. I know this engine doesn't like dirty oil so I'm not backing down on this one. Would welcome your thoughts re the whole CAT D thing...

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've actually owned a Cat D Pre-Facelift, it had 7 owners, been in at least 3 crashes that I was able to figure out and despite a problem with the air bag system which ended up being her demise - she ran smooth as anything and oddly enough in some ways better than my well maintained '07 Accord. Cosmetically she was battered and had suffered severe previous owner neglect, but I pretty much had her perfect after a year. Sadly I couldn't repair the air bag system, I followed it all by the book, then Honda did and I eventually had to call it a day - I went for a FSH Facelift and she's now being broken for parts.

To the point, it all depends on what the damage was, if you have a straight chassis with no signs of promoted corrosion around whatever area was hit, I might bite. It's all very circumstantial, if the damage seems to be repaired well and she drives okay, I'd just treat it as viewing any other used car - if all the checks pan out and you like her, bite :Smile:

9. Nighthawk Guest

I've rebuilt a few cars that were crashed, and yeah, depends on the damage. If any structural parts of the car have been cut (floor, roof etc) and welded back, I would definetely walk away. Also, doesnt take much for an insurance company to write a car off now if it isnt deemed financially viable for them to fix. The damage could be quite low scale as such but the parts expensive so its written off. An insurance company can write a car off cause its engine has blown and to replace it is worth more than the car in their eyes. Definetely check it out, make sure you get a proper HPI done on it etc.

10. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I agree also that it would depend on the damage and cause. For me personally damage caused by a substantial impact would put me off not so much because of the obvious stuff but more in case little hidden parts had come loose. Hoses, pipes, connections, sensors etc

11. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

Thanks for sending these through. I've emailed the seller for the first one to ask about the service history as it says full in the first part of the ad, then partial later on. A new clutch is massive bonus for sure. And to answer your question, saloon only....:Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Brilliant - thanks - very useful info and all taken on board. I will see if I can get a viewing for it this w/e and will let you know if I do end up seeing it...
    - - - Updated - - -
    This is great - thanks. If it wasn't structural, I'd definitely be interested so will see if its available to view this w/e...
    - - - Updated - - -
    Great - thanks for this, much appreciated...:Smile:

12. Nighthawk Guest

When I first drove my accord, I fell in love with it, and just drove it. All my usual listening for knocks, clangs, things that were out of place and listening to my guy feeling just flew out of the window. This meant I had to take a second test drive to make sure I was happy with it as it distracted me the first time so much, I was just enjoying the drive and forgot that I was looking at buying it and should be analysing every move the car makes and look out for every warning sign.

If you can, be a bit extra vigilant to how she drives, does she crab when she drives, panel gaps, compare the chassis number against paperwork, all the stuff you should be doing anyway etc. Seller should be completely upfront about this as you have to advertise a Cat D as one (which he/she has already). If they are hesititant about any of your checks, I, personally, would take that as a bad sign.

Hope she is a nice car

Keep us updated

13. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all

Big thank you to everyone for all your replies and offers of help. I'm very happy to say a younger model has been identified today, an 07 plate cdti EX saloon in the light blue/silver colour (don't know the official name yet, sorry but if someone could enlighten me that would be great) with Sat Nav, parking sensors, a full Honda history with no gaps (!!) and 119k on the clock. So I'm over the moon as you can imagine.. :Grin::Happy::OTT::Hooray:

This does of course mean the retirement of my 6th Generation. I've been offered a predictably low part ex price, which I will take if I have no other choice but I would much rather she goes to one of you guys who I know will appreciate her much more and will look after her the way I have.

I'm picking up my newer model on Friday afternoon so am looking for any interested parties to get in touch before then.

Thanks all.

Last edited by a moderator: Monday 8th Sep, 2014
  14. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland

Nice one, hope it all works out for you.

15. Nighthawk Guest

Congrats on your new car, good luck with finding a decent home for your gen 6.

16. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I will post some pics up when she lands home....:Smile:

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  17. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Just checking open threads - Can we close this thread now @AccordMavman ?

18. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I personally would never touch a registered right off. They have been written off for a reason and never are the same again.

If they were that easy and cheap, we would all be doing it. Particulary those who have access to discounted parts and other resources.

Nels likes this.
  19. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorry, yes of course, slack admin on my part - sorry....

20. Nels Moderator Staff Team

NP. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.