Body, Paint & Styling honda paint aftermarket or genuine paint?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by flashgordon1952, Sunday 25th Nov, 2012.

1. flashgordon1952 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

i have a burgandy accord. and need some touch up paint . what does the forum recommend to me to get. Halfords aftermarket or genuine honda paint from the dealer..

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think it's actually best to go find a paint mixing shop. They will mix the paint that matches your cars colour. I think you'll find that if you go by the colour code of your car, when you spray it will actually look different.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup as Speedy has suggested get your colour code off the VIN plate and they will know the exact colour on your car.

The paint shop will look up the colour formula,they have online access to all known manufacturers and paint companies and they will mix up the colour depending on the quantity you need.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add if you are just using the paint to touch up small stone chips and other minor imperfections then you are better off with the Honda touch up stick you can get at Honda dealers.

They cost around 8 pounds.

5. GavTS Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I wouldn't bother with touch up paint, all the jobs I've seen have been terrible a scratch would look better and at least more honest in some cases. When it comes to scratches on you car there are no cheap and easy fixes. All the scratch repair kits are a waste of time and money, they are no substitute for a professional respray.

There are huge amount of jobs a home mechanic can do but painting is not one of them. I sadly speak from experience, as my terrible repair forced me to vynl wrap a whole bonnet just to hide the shambles under it.............

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think certain colours are less forgiving than others.

My nephew has had good results touching up scratches and scrapes on his Night Hawk Black Civic Type-R.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Pearl finishes are the worst to mask up with the touch up sticks, also nearly all Honda touch sticks don't come with clear coat sticks.