Service & Maintenance Honda Parts diagram website

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by richsprint, Tuesday 20th Nov, 2012.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    A few things to look out for at lings websiteThe part numbers are masked to hide their real Honda Genuine part number.For example a typical webpage link would look like this depending on the car you are viewing.

www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17TL4A01&block_02=ATM0100&block_03=1163

so in the above URL you select part one. The Bearing plate. PFKL2313673

Now remove the bit from the top url in red and hit enter and you will find the real part number same part looks like this 21101-RG0-A00.In the past if you knew the Honda part number and cross checked it with the online lings catalogue you found a price difference on parts sold by the same company.:Aghast:

Looks like they have closed that loop hole now :Whistle:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: Parts diagram website

That's a top tip CJ, I was on that site the other day and wondered how they came up with their part numbers. I tried running one by Martin at HH, he said that's not a Honda part number ! Lol

Now I know how to get the real part number out :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

If you guys want you own EPC on your laptops or computers head over to ebay

Honda EPC 2012 cars spare parts catalog v18.00 NEW! | eBay

The seller says this boldly

"As demonstrated by EU Laws reported by Commission Regulation (EC) N°1400/2002 article 4 (2) of 31 July 2002 carmakers must give to independent garages and to the interested people access to repair information. For this selling service data, catalogues of spare parts, technical specifications informations, workshops, technical repair and diagnostic data for trucks, vans and passenger vehicles not constitute any kind of infringe rights because this informations are not intellectual property of software corporations or carmakers."

:Blink: really if so this would have been here ages ago and all Honda literature. The seller will soon be on Honda's radar:What:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Another top tip, As Honda uses new vendors and part suppliers part numbers supersede the numbers you will obtain via the URL hack from Ling .

For example.

When the Honda EPC it was made off the parts list which was used to make the car on the production line.Take the petrol oil filter on Honda petrol cars all the DIY enthusiast know the part is made by Purflux in France. At the time of car production the oil filter part number was 15400-RTA-003

However when you look at it on the Lings EPC it will come up as 15400-RBA-F01 which is the superseded part number.:Wink:

You can check that on Lings site and see the most up to date part number on the top left corner using the top oil part number you will see the progression .

Part superseed check.JPG

Me being a Honda geek if you ever wanted to know how to read part numbers have a look at this article

How to read and understand a genuine Honda Part Number

Enjoy any questions just ask

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 29th Mar, 2014
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Bump to thread

For members looking for part numbers and components for their cars.

7. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda Mail Order Parts ..... Exploded Diagrams and Part Numbers.

All,

I've posted a few things on here. Mainly questions whilst trying to sort out a few minor problems on my car ... I've had a lot of help and offer my thanks to all. While I was looking for "Instrument bulbs....I found this website and thought I'd share this....... People on here are probably already aware of this one. But just maybe it'll be some help to someone. You just put in your REG NUMBER or VIN and there are exploded drawings and part numbers for just about everything.

Cheers to All
    Peter

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Topic merged.