Accord/8th Gen Honda Petrol diesel comparator

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by richsprint, Friday 11th Jan, 2013.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Car Comparator | Cars | Honda (UK)

This is an interesting page. Pop in your model Accord and then the equivalent diesel version, set the years and mileage.

You'll see there is very little in it pence per mile. The higher petrol fuel cost and road tax is offset by the diesel model costing more to buy, service, but less to tax and fuel.

Quite an eye opener, well done Honda.

Thats before you factor in the potential for expensive repairs on a diesel if it all goes 'pete tong'.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    its been there for yonks but as you have said it a good tool.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not a very realistic tool, its all with fudged and preconditioned parameters.

When a hybrid car can match the 919 miles I got from my Accord in one tank, then perhaps I'll take such comparisons more seriously. Doesnt matter which car maker puts up such comparison tools, they are all pointless, unrealistic and have no modicum of real world driving to prove accuracy.

Its no more different than using a syringe to wash your car with - both are pointless.

4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I just did a 3 car comparison and It says that the I-DTEC EX diesel doesn't have a DPF and that I would be better off with a BMW. :Rolf:

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Better get down to a BMW-garage-near-you then this morning!! :Aghast:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Eye on face moment ,rather drink a pint if engine oil than drive a Bavarian tractor...