General Honda Prelude 1990 3rd Generation

Discussion in '3rd Generation (1988-1991)' started by herald, Tuesday 12th Aug, 2014.

1. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    Hi Guys, I just purchased this little beauty...My Honda legend is gone, My CR-X is now sold and now i have the pleasure of introducing you to white knight.

1990 Honda Prelude
    White
    Manual
    series 2
    Leather seats and trim
    original rims
    original engine

No modifications.

20140812_160459.

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 13th Aug, 2014
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Need more pictures Harry :Grin:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I like it ! Got a big soft spot for the Preludes.

5. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    more pictures coming up soon promise :Smile:, yeah the mechanical 4ws system in this is epic. I absolutely Adore this car.....on the same level as the CR-X for me. :Smile: same era...yet totally different.

6. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lovely looking car, really like this model my brother had one of these with the four steer, think that was in White also,Honda seemed to have it Sussed back then with their cars being all very distinctive of each other and also of other manufactures.

7. herald Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

harry Australia
    totally agree, this particular 1991 model with all extra features including leather interior, ALB (old ABS), updated front bar, rims, tail lamps, bootlid and steering wheel still goes for a pretty penny in Australia.....still see them going for close to $3,000, compared to the ordinary 1988-1990, which only go for $800-$1500. :Smile:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Fantastic @herald, what a lost treasure.

I've always wanted to know - how does the 4WS handle?

9. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Only ever drove my brothers car once by what I remember the car drove normal on the straight and at speed but when turning and slower the rear wheels where turned the same direction as the fronts only a small amount, I would guess
    about 15/20mm but this was enough to make a difference, remember having to reverse the car out from my drive entrance because I cut the corner to sharp you had to be aware, something my brother said you get used to. if I remember right the wheels turned opposite if you reversed ie for parking,this made a fairly large car for the time easy to park.
    Stand to be corrected.
    Love to see some more pics of the cars please.

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd expect the rear steering to cut in the opposite way to the front no matter which way the car is going

Have a look at this brief video

11. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,
    can see in the video that you are right, they also turn more than I thought, still bugged me so did a bit more investigating and saw that you tube with the white car demonstrating the system ,sorry do not know how to link but easy to find, this shows the car at speed and both wheels turn in the same direction after a certain degree movement of the steering wheel. very clever, although on test they could not find much advantage over a conventional steer.