Traders/Services Honda Remapping by littlebo (J/R/K-Series, 2003 and Up)

Discussion in 'Commercial Traders' started by littlebo, Sunday 28th Dec, 2014.

1. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Opening post to be edited by @littlebo.

Frequently Asked Questions

0. What reflash is ?

Reflash is an update of ECU firmware. Your engine is controlled and driven by ECU , is has CPU with program which controls dozen of sensors to prepare and supply optimal mixture and then to burn it to produce power.

1. What cars you can reflash ?

I can potentially reflash any modern Honda or Acura. Mostly with K and R engines. Send me request and i will respond if i have reflash ready for your car. Same model has same engine but may have different firmwares for different years of production and different trims. Not all of them are available here so sometimes i need to get your original calibration to build reflash. I need to know ECU partnumber for this.

2. Will reflash affect my MPG ?

Yes. After i upload tuned caliration your torque will be available earlier, you don't need to rev engine that hight for same acceleration. Its one of the factors to make your car more fuel efficient. Ignition tune, AFR tune , VTC , all of those brings you some free power or extra fuel economy. MPG will be less if you keep your driving style and habits. In short, you can have same MPG with more power and better acceleration or better MPG with same acceleration as you had b4 reflash. In case you wanna floor the pedal all the time, MPG will still be better compared with same pedal to the ground on stock calibration.

3. How it will affect my engine longevity and lifespan ?

Revs, style of driving, overheating , load, fuel and oil quality, maintenance and tech service, thats what affect egine lifetime. Reflash don't affect it. It only change the power output, engine character and efficiency. Its up to you if you want to use that "extra" or not. Less revs and load = longer life = less fun . And so on.

4. I've heard that you need to solder something to my ECU to do the reflash , is it safe ? Can you damage my ECU doing this ?

don't worry. The guy whos prepping your ECU has good experience and definately know what he is doing and how to do it right and safe for your ECU. No any customers ECU been turned into dust during 2 years. Hope nothing will change in this statistics.

5. Is it possible to revert my ECU to stock ?

Yes, no problem.

6. How much time do you need for reflash ?

It depends on ECU type. 10 min to 1hr

7. How much power i will get after reflash ?

A lot :Smile: It depends of engine type and displacement. 5-15 peak HP. I highly recommend to understand how engine work and to take a look at dyno graphs. You can't compare the numbers , you have to compare the difference in space under the curves of torque and power. Then you can see that your gains arent constant, its 5-7 HP for lower revs , up to 30 in the middle , 10-20 at the top of the rev band. More to say - its not the whole story. The only way to understand how it works is to try it in real life. Pay attention for feedbacks of reflashed users , they can subjectively describe it for better understanding. We have spare reflashed ECU for testing. Side by side. You can try before you buy and spare ECU will also keep your car on the road while you send your own ECU for reflash. Best service model ever.

8. Lots of chaps insist that tuning of naturally aspirated engines is a waste of time and money. Is this true in your case ?

This claim is partially truthful and subjective. If you compare it with tuning of engines with forced induction you can think that NA tune isnt the best investment. But guys , we have what we have and once Honda made one of the best engines in the world - why not ?? If we compare stock k24 and reflshed k24 its night and day difference. Different engines have different amount of power that sleeps inside. Shure thing, if you tune Hyundai Getz 1.0 and Accord 2.4 the difference in outcome is dramatical. Thanks to God we drive Hondas :Smile:

9. Do i need special fuel to run my reflashed car ?

No. Reflash is developed to run with regular petrol, usually its 95 RON in EU.

10. Is it worth to pay for reflash or its better to save for Hondata Flashpro ( kpro, etc )

It all depends on your plans and budget. Reflash is optimal and cost efficient solution for stock engine or stock with simple bolt ons like header and intake. In such case reflash will unveal all potential of your engine, you will not be able to get nothing noticeable on top with tunable solution. Tunable solutions are made to tune custom configurations. I can't cover all possible combinations of cams\IM\injectors and so on with reflashes, you need to make custom tune for it. So , if you plan to stay stock - no sense to pay 3x price for same result.

11. How can you be smarter then Honda guys whos built and tuned that engine ? How its possible to achieve such bump in output with reflash?

They arent the best tuners and they don't need to be and they can't be. The success of reflashes is a mix of factory tuners miscalculations and different factors that don't let manufacturer to make a tune for maximum power and output. Ecology, noise , marketing, and i can keep count and count. For hot guys , the optimal tune = max pawa and fun. For manufacturer, optimum tune is to let the car work as long as possible in bad conditions and circumstances. Bad fuel , bad maintenance, "tired" parts ( spark plugs , clogged injectors, weak fuel pump ). The car also have to meet lots of standarts and regulations. Thats it.

12. What improvement in 0-60mph acceleration will i have ?

I see lots of different statistics about this, Depends on engine condition, transmission and its type. 0.3-0.4 sec less for small engines and up to 1.2 sec for k24.

13. HEY ! Im not a racer ! Im an old bones and only need the car to drive ma grand children to the school. Why do i need to flash my Honda ? Cough .. Cough ..

Reflash has lots of diffeernt sides and possibilities, its not only pawa mod for full throttle operation. Once you have more powerful and elastic engine your driving comfort and confidense grows up. Its more safe to drive, you can do any maneuver faster and need less time for this. Less gearing needed as well, car pulls more strong and in most cases it will pull you on current gear where you had to change it previously. You can pass the obstacles on 2nd gear and almost idle rpms, its not possible with stock calibration, your car will twitch and may stall with same excersise. You don't need to push the car hard to drive and accelerate, no need to jump on da pedal, you can feel your car much better, no more sponge between you and your Honda. Fuel economy is one more factor. Reflash pays for itself from this point of view :Smile: After some time and miles behind ... you will have it for free. You don't need to pay upfront, you are able to make a testdrive and decide if you like it and if you want it or need it. Very clean and fair.

14. I have an LPG , can i use it with reflash ?

LPG is a slave system, it intercepts main ECU signals to prepare mixture. So it will work just fine. Some LPG systems have some tuning nuances and some additional tuning needed sometimes. But its rare situation. LPG need more time to burn and aggressive timing in reflash will help this, you will have more fuel efficiency, more power and less exhaust gases temp which is safer for your valves.

15. What about emissions ? Will i pass the smog test ?

Yes, you will.

16. Will i lose my warranty after reflash ? Is it possible for dealer to find out that my ECU been reflashed ?

Reflash is built off original firmware. It drives as usual, all the readings of all parameters are ok , no any check engine lights. Its virtually impossible to discover that ECU been reflashed.

Its only few questions , ill be very happy to respond more, if you have some ! Ill collect some feedbacks and vids and keep em here in first post so you will not need to dig in the thread to find info.

Last edited: Thursday 12th Feb, 2015
    Zoran and JamesS like this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just a note to say the previous post has been added at a later date, and this thread has been repurposed for @littlebo from an existing discussion.

3. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I've searched and gone back through the last ten pages of threads, I'm very surprised to see no mention of recaps on the K24's.

It's something I'm strongly considering getting done in January, mainly to have the VTEC cut in earlier.

I understand that this has only recently been possible on our ECU's, has anybody has this done?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    I see, that's not what I've been looking at. I've seen a device being offered by a tuning company on another forum, whereby they take your ECU, flash and send it back.

It makes VTEC kick in at 4.5k RPM and pushes the redline to either 7.5 or 7.8k, alone with a couple of other changes to shift timings.

A few people there have had it done and are happy with it, I just wondered if anyone here has had a similar thing done, as quite frankly, this forum is more populated and seems to have more knowledgable and more helpful members.

I have an 04 Auto.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Service* not device. Seriously where's that edit button.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    You can edit posts after you have been here for 2 weeks and have over 25 posts.

I havent heard of that service but I havent ever looked into it and don't even own a petrol however there are others here who are modding their cars who may know exactly how to best advise you - @Staff

7. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Oh I see, I've got that to look forward to then haha. It's essential with my fat thumbs!

Gotcha, I'm 90% sure I'm going to take the plunge, they even send a test ECU so that I can try before I buy. Would just be nice to hear what people here think.

8. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    I've been considering it... There's an 'agent' for this guy in NZ as well. Not sure what reliability issues would stem from doing this though? The 7th Generation ECU is supposed to be re-mappable.

Details here: Home - k24 reflash

9. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Nice link, sounds very similar to the one I've seen but I don't think exactly the same.

Those that have had it done have reported no ill effects and given what the k20 does, I really can't see that map causing any problems on the K24.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Hey @JTG, the remaps you're talking about are from @littlebo right? He's recently signed up as a trader on the forum, but hasn't made his big introduction yet. You'll find a few lurkers in the club run his remap, and I can add on a personal note that I know others across the scene running it with nothing but good feedback. @ukcl9 is his UK vendor.

Frankly, having the stock ECU reflashed is the cheapest and most cost effective way to iron out lots of the little pitfalls from the stock map. It will give you a noticeably more usable power band, get rid of the dip before VTEC, less throttle lag and a few other bits which just pep it up slightly and give it more of a sporty edge. I'd say it's a good solution for someone who's keeping their car close to stock, or just making small I/H/E modifications.

I, @SpeedyGee, @urbancncboy, @Accord-Brit, @Clackie and others all use FlashPro because we're all off down the modding path. As parts go on, we can get a proper custom dyno or eTune tune to squeeze all the power out of our exact set-up with all of the above and more - but of course, costs are far more and it requires you to find a reputable tuner (though there are base maps to get you up and running). There's also a few other benefits like simple sensor manipulation, datalogging, speedo adjustment, and full VTC control for cam advance/retard, just loads - but the initial financial investment is a lot higher.

While your stock ECU could be custom tuned, you'll struggle to find anyone who will do it. @littlebo's pretty well tried-and-tested remap would be the simplest and cheapest path to getting more out of a stock (or close to) set-up, and I would recommend it - unless you plan on getting into modifying in a bigger way later down the line, then it's counter-intuitive in my opinion.

Hopefully I've tagged enough people to get a few more opinions coming in :Smile:

ukcl9, JTG and Nighthawk like this.
  11. JTG Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Jonnie Norwich
    Hey @DeviateDefiant, that's the one and that's pretty much the reassurance I was after.

I think I'll be doing this
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hadn't finished.....

Straight after payday in January, just what I'm after.

By the way your car looks incredible, best Ascord I've seen by some margin. Great work.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Actually, it's your 03 Accord that I first saw which I thought looked amazing. Just seen you've switched to an 07 and transferred a lot of the bits across.

Can I ask where you got your front grill from? I can't find one I like other than the Euro R one but I can't justify paying in excess of £200 for a grill, so am thinking of doing a DIY job on mine (or preferably one from a scrappy for when I inevitably cock it up).

12. mudfx Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom muddy birmingham
    I have my ECU reflashed from ukcl9 , and its the best mod i have done on my accord . It feels like a new car all together .

K24 CL9 GUY and ukcl9 like this.
  13. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    I know there is the Home - k24 reflash person, but is there any other option to get my ECU flash in NZ? It seems the other guy only seems to have a market in Russia.

14. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    thanks leo.you covered pritty much everythink.as im not a trader on here i will keep quiet

speeding_ant....if you can find a few people in nz you could become a dealer for littlebo

i wish i knew why sergey hasnt started trading on this forum

15. speeding_ant Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

NZ
    I'd be up for something like that... What's involved.

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sorry for the late reply bud, my alerts counter is a little high at the moment :Laughing:

Thanks man, appreciated - I've now finished porting every modification over to the '07 :Smile:

The front grill for the Type-S and Euro-R are exactly the same, the rest of the body kit is too. In order to fit the Facelift grill like I've had on both of mine, you need a Facelift front bumper too. I ordered my grill from @Holdcroft Honda, the club dealer, if you want a part number just shout.

You can normally grab bumpers from a breaker for around £80-120 - the only consideration is that even if you get one matching your paint code, you might have to get it sprayed and blended to get it looking perfect, or at the least properly cut the paint on the frontend to get rid of the uneven oxidation between the new bumper and your current fenders. Sometimes though you're just lucky :Smile:

Last I heard he was going to get a thread up shortly, but I haven't seen anything yet - tag for @littlebo as a reminder.

17. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    you will need to pm littlebo.i can't talk about reflash's etc as im not a trader on here

18. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    i have access to my mate hot flash module that he used to reflash his 2007 Civic Type-R
    my question is with the correct map loaded is it possible to remap my 2004 accord Type-S?

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any info on what this hot flash module is ?

20. dragonmuzz Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

pete uk
    no idea il find out tonight.i know it cost him about £650
    - - - Updated - - -
    hi just loaded his map onto it and plugged it into obd2 socket i think