Official Honda Honda Sets New GUINNESS Title

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda UK News, Tuesday 7th Jul, 2015.

1. Honda UK News Auto-Generated News Feed

Honda has set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for ‘Lowest fuel consumption – all 24 contiguous EU countries (all cars)’, recording an average 2.82 litres per 100km (100.31mpg) over 13,498km (8,387 miles), in a 25 day drive across all 24 EU contiguous countries.

Continue reading...

2. Honda World News Auto-Generated News Feed

Honda has set a new GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS title for 'Lowest fuel consumption - all 24 contiguous EU countries (all cars),' recording an average 2.82 liters per 100km over 13,498km, in a 25 day drive across all 24 EU contiguous countries.

Source: Honda World News

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    YAWN YAWN ,

Guinness world records don't sell cars, fastest lawnmower in the world does not sell cars.

What does sell is if the manufacturer promoted the car,promoted its feature, promoted it in the media in all forms,promoted the car value & valued their customers and made cars which look decent to start with.

Get a grip Honda.

4. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    The 100mpg figure (although not sure how realistic against normal use it is) may be good for them to brag about when trying to sell the Civic Tourers. Although I know you'd rather not see many of those on the road :Wink:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Brag is one thing but have not Honda made a sound and dance about this achievement other than put it on their media site and it will stop there . 100 MPG these drivers would have been cursed at pushed about by everyone for driving too slow.

In a the real world if you drove like that you will have a accident so don't try this at home it pointless it futile and get a life !

6. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    I've seen it on Facebook and on HUK website in Awards :Wink: But yeah, at 47mph avg speed they must have been popular on the motorways :Smile: But then I guess it depends what route they've taken. TBH I'd like to see more data on this trip. Driving like that has no point in real life, but then most of the stuff that goes into Guinness Records Book is pointless to some degree.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I bet the car was stripped of all it weight and then driven with no aircon.

Last edited: Tuesday 7th Jul, 2015