General Honda signs up Kaiser Chiefs' Ricky Wilson as brand ambassador

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 26th Jun, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    isp-6832_w650.

I predict a riot..What are Honda thinking :Whiteflag:

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Interesting that Honda clearly think the demographic they are looking to attract will be encouraged by this.

Sounds like they are looking for a slightly younger audience - early to mid-30s sounds about right - who think they are a bit cool, but clearly aren't if they think the Kaiser Chiefs are cool...:Laughing:. A bit of a generic choice IMHO.

I can see what they are trying to do though - I think. Let's hope it works.

Personally, and for the Jazz especially, I think they should be looking to attract mid/late 20's users, who have grown up a bit. The Jazz needs to be seen as a younger choice, which is tricky when so many older drivers choose it.

I've been thinking for ages that this would make a great car ad tune...and it would "Fit" (pun intended!).

I can see a young couple getting frustrated with a stupid looking Corsa/Saxo when trying to put a baby buggy in the back, then getting a new Jazz but still having fun.

If HUK are reading and you go with this, you can PM me to arrange my fee :Grin:

While I'm at it, what about this for the new Type-R?

vincemince likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda have paid Kaiser Chief Ricky Wilson to be their brand ambassador for the new CTR has anyone on HK seen him doing anything to promote the car?

4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The photos that they put on facebook of him picking it ups made me think midlife crisis.

For a geezer of his years he looks quite foolish in that car.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So even at a dealership level has Rickaaay done anything ?

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think he had it at the Goodwood festival of speed or one recent motoring event remember seeing him on TV with it.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Really saw sod of him..