Off-Topic Honda slammed for being irresponsible !

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by SpeedyGee, Wednesday 19th Aug, 2015.

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Im glad they took my complaint seriously.

Last edited: Wednesday 19th Aug, 2015
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

For the love of God, who are these people...:Nuts:

4. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    I thought Mary Whitehouse had died??

5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Just watched the advert again, now I will go out in my car and go speeding at 200 mph :vtec:

Must have been some bitter Golf fanboy who complained.

John Dickson likes this.
  6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    That black Type-R looked really good I must say

I don't see anything wrong with that advert either, some people huh.... :Nuts:

7. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The majority of the ASA board are probably German :Laughing:

John Dickson likes this.
  8. demian New Member Getting Started

photogrid_1404961499401-53bebf3296ef5.

exec and Chunkylover53 like this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

What complete and utter rubbish is this.
    I love that advert. I think it is smashing. I have never looked at it and thought it was encouraging speeding.
    It's all about achieving what you didn't think was possible. Pushing the boundaries of engineering.

I can only assume the 'competitors' are feeling threatened and vulnerable. They have decided to try and nobble the re-birth of Honda in the UK.
    Well it's not going to work. This is the year that Honda returns. The branding and marketing guys will just need to come back with an even better advert. They have a great pedigree for doing so and this will not stop them. It will inspire them even more!

2015 = :sparta:!

(I feel better now. :Tea:)

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Who is this T055er who complained I want to wrap this tw@t in cotton wool drag his pathetic @rse dragged behind a CTR and tell him what speed really about .:disagree: some people should be culled for opening their mouths and the damn judge who is so blind to understand what HUK was trying to convey of pushing the limits of human endeavour .

Utter tw@ts
    ]
    Honda in hindsight should have done what yanks have been doing for yonks in small print for adverts " The car manoeuvres in this advert are conducted by professional drivers under controlled conditions so please don't imitate these actions on public roads" This disclaimer should have been there.

Then then two farking low life, job worth t055ers would not have had the moral high ground.

John Dickson and Nels like this.
  11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good point. Just goes to show that they have been stung before in the litigious 'land of the free'!

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well these are so well documented in the land of yanks why on earth did the Honda UK legal\Compliance team not see this as a contentious grey area?? When the yanks sneeze we get the cold , This is a knee jerk reaction when these low life have been researching on the net and putting their objections based on previous cases where the ruling has been upheld... and you have to cover all bases and look at the bigger picture.

These t055ers have too much time on their hands , that is why before adverts went live you get perspective of people to hear their objection, Honda have approved this advert on creativity not legality.

Honda should have argued this further IMHO.

13. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I like this one

Nels and Ichiban like this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a speeding car there too OMG can some kill that tw@t who complained we will lose precious life on planet earth.

Nels likes this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

Ichiban likes this.