Dealers/Garages Honda Southall - recommended

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by excel monkey, Friday 15th Feb, 2013.

1. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Just wanted to give some recognition for the excellent service I have received from Honda Southall in west London. My '04 CR-V is getting to the age and mileage where main dealer servicing might seem like an unnecessary extravagance, but these guys have looked after me really well, and charged reasonable prices.

They're not the biggest or flashiest dealership, with a showroom only big enough for 3-4 cars, but sometimes smaller is better.

Would definitely consider them in the future if I was looking for a new vehicle.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks for the feedback :Hey:

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Nice one. Good to hear positive feedback, people often forget to do as you do and share their positive experience.

4. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Feedback is important, both good and bad. Honda sent me an online feedback questionnaire, which I completed, but I'm not convinced it will actually get back to the dealer.

Just to make absolutely sure the feedback goes to the right people, I've written directly to the Dealer Principal to re-iterate the positive feedback.

I do wonder how they make any money. The place always seems deserted on the few recent occasions I've been there. Maybe just a quiet time of the year, and Honda's elderly customer base hasn't come out of hibernation yet?

5. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    I can back up this positive feedback.
    I've been a regular customer of Southall Honda since 2000, when I bought my 1st Civic ('99 1.6lsi) from them (The Ruislip branch), and then proceeded to get it serviced at Southall Honda (due to proximity of the garage). Since then I've used them when ever practically possible. My 1st Civic did over 150k miles whilst being maintained by Southall Honda, and my sister's current Civic ('57 1.8) is now looked after by them. My current Accord was looked after by Southall Honda when I was local enough to use them, and they always did a top job at very agreeable prices. I think they maintained my Accord for approx 75k of the 115k miles I have put on the clock (bought it at 43k in 11/2007, now at 158k)

With some car dealerships, the 'after-sales' service can be poor. But Andrew Singh, the Service Manager, runs a tight and well oiled ship. His team are efficient, helpful, honest and very helpful (again!).

As a bonus - I usually find that they also cannot be beaten on price by other Honda dealers nearby. Holdcroft Honda might be cheaper, but HH are quite far away!

My current Accord is approaching replacement time (especially as I might need a car with more boot space soon)... I will definitely be making a trip over to Southall Honda to see what they can do.

6. Mase Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Guys, it is great to hear good feedback for this dealership as they are very close to me, however, I can only go on my personal experience which has only been one visit so far.

I recently bought a Honda FR-V privately from a lady owner who had lost the locking wheel nut. I used the key-code to ask Southall Honda to order one for me. I called three times and on my visit spoke to Andrew Singh directly who promised I would receive a call back to tell me what the price was and order a new wheel nut lock key. A week went by and no return call. Why Andrew Singh was unable to quote me the cost of a key order one there and then was beyond me but it felt like he was busy and I was hurdle in his way.

As I was there on this visit, I asked to speak to Sales about the FR-V and what the optional extras were at the time it was being produced. I was met with a very young gentleman who said "I am new on the job I'll do my best to help". I asked my question as above and he seemed to be tapping away at his computer and giving me answers however his answers did not seem to ring true, so I asked to look at his screen. TO MY HORROR, he was seeking his reference material and guidance from Autotrader ads that were being advertised at the time. He would have been better off asking the woman who runs the petrol station next door. I asked to speak with his manager to see if I could get more info from him, but to no avail. I promptly left with a sour taste in my mouth.

Chiswick Honda however ordered my lock key in one phone call and had it for me in 2 days however there service was not with a smile, more of a burden, but hey-ho, after reading the above about Southall Honda, I may go back again, who knows.

7. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Hi Mase,
    That is a dissapointing level of service.

I need to send my car into Honda for a service shortly - I'll see how Southall do over the phone and compare the prices/phone service to my other local dealers.

8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Wouldn't touch Southall Honda. Try Ruislip or Chiswick. Chiswick will pick your car up and drop off courtesy car.

9. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    To be fair, Southall Honda have always picked up my car when I think it is reasonalble (parents house in Hayes, work - when I was in Staines) and even from Amersham which is almost a 30 mile drive out from them!

Ruislip Honda are part of the same group. Andrew Singh used to work there before he moved to the Southall branch - he is a distinctive charecter hence I remember him from when we bought our first Civic from Ruislip Honda in 2000.

I'll ring around and see what response I get from the various dealerships.