Optional Extras Honda Tow Bar Fitted

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Wednesday 24th Apr, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I forgot to mention that I had my tow bar fitted by my dealer. I couldn't make it to Holdcroft, for all sorts of reasons, and had it fitted by my dealer, Lightcliffe Honda, Southport. They made a good job of fitting it, and I had a brand new automatic Jazz as a loan car. It was a lovely little car, but I would have preferred a manual. Here are a few pics of my CR-V.

IMG_1756-1.

IMG_1762.

IMG_1758.

Don't know what happened but the pics are all over the place. Can a mod sort it please?

Last edited by a moderator: Wednesday 24th Apr, 2013
    Ichiban and SpeedyGee like this.
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fixed the pics for you Robbie :Thumbup:

Seeing your CR-V has me drooling - cannot wait to take deliery of mine next month!!! :Happy:

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Yes, I love it. Never mind, you'll soon be drooling over yours.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yours is manual too right?

5. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very nice looking car you have. :Thumbup:

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Yes, of course. I much prefer a manual box, and with a caravan to tow it makes sense. When I had the Jazz on loan I felt that I didn't have control of it. Coming up to a junction and having to keep your foot on the brake I found quite disconcerting.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Robbie that a nice looking CR-V, nice looking pooch too.:Wink:

8. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Thanks. That's Henry, my Cocker Spaniel. He loves the CR-V and sits in front with me.

Ichiban likes this.
  9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It will be interesting to see what sort of tank mileage I can get out of the CR-V. Granted, it won't be near 919 miles, but I hope to get more than 750!

10. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    According to my trip computer it works out at about 520 miles on a tankful of diesel. Mind you, I'm only doing short journeys so I hope it will exceed that when I'm doing long distance. Current fuel consumption works out at about 38 MPG, much the same as the Accord.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Considering the size of the CR-V, I would be happy with 520 a tank as well. Whereas the Accord gives me the economy but not space, its a role reversal with the CR-V - but I need the space more than the economy. I was even toying with the petrol CR-V, but it was pretty poor torque-wise.

12. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    When I had my holiday home in France I used to get 54 MPG out of my Accord Tourer with it fully laden. Travelling from south west France to the A20 and thence to Le Havre. Most of the weight consisted of bottles of wine.

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Weren't drinking while driving were you? LOL Just kidding!

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Long live the booze cruise :Drinks: sod the fuel efficiency.

15. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
    I hope Henry is strapped in :Smile:

16. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I haven't any pics of him in the CR-V, but here he is when I had the Accord.

IMG_0950.
    IMG_0946.

Ichiban likes this.
  17. minesaredwine Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bath
  18. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I am having a problem with my tow bar electrics as the ATC and fridge do not operate when hooked up to the car. I visited the Dealer this morning and they confirmed there was no voltage on the relevant pins on the tow bar. One of the battery fuses had blown which was 15 amps. The ATC requires a 25 amp fuse, and naturally wiring that will accept that level. I have now left the problem with the dealer as they say that Honda supply 15 amp fuses. I have informed the dealer that if the wiring is not capable of taking 25 amps, then the tow bar and electrics are "not fit for purpose." The same dealer fitted the tow bar and electrics to my Accord and they worked with the same caravan without any problem. They are contacting Honda Technical to try to resolve the situation.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Robbie,

That is strange indeed why has it been underspec'd ? are you sure this is a genuine Honda tow bar and and not a generic one? Which make and model was on your Accord?

Additionally are you aware that the current range of Honda genuine tow bars are not compatible with trailers/caravans fitted with LED indicators. Does your have LEDs?

Honda are aiming to get the new Civic Tourer tow bars which works with LEDs, the module will be modified and will be fully compatible to other car subsequently.

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    he sure is :Smile: