Aftermarket Kit Honda towbar woes

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by caravanman, Monday 7th Mar, 2016.

1. caravanman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom mick sheffield
    Hi again, following the trouble I had with Gilders Chesterfield re my Honda warranty I've now got grief over a new towbar.
    I asked in writing for a fixed flange towbar with 7 pin electrics and was quoted a special price of £460 all in due to the earlier troubles. When the service department called to arrange the booking I went to great lengths to explain about the drop plate for the blade stabiliser ( I have it ) and emphasised the importance of them fitting a fixed flange towbar. Took it up today to get it done and there's a swan neck towbar waiting to be fitted. The service department tells me that Honda don't do a fixed flange towbar, only the swan neck and removableversions , so I need to know if they are telling porkies.
    Does anyone know if Honda can supply a fixed flange towbar to their main dealers ?
    If they don't then Gilders service department could have saved me a lot of trouble by saying so and I would have booked elsewhere.
    regards Mick

2. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Looking at the CR-V accessory brochure it would appear that Honda don't do flanged Towbars.

I use Towbars Direct | Towbars for all vehicles including Audi, BMW, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Kia, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Range Rover, Renault, Skoda, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen and many more | Tow bars for my tow bars. They have great prices, plenty of choice and I know they they do flanged bars as I have one from them.

The Tow Sure bars are great quality, fit well and are well priced. Every bit as good as Witter bars, but much cheaper.