General Honda UK website is refreshed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Thursday 23rd Jul, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That looks really nice and clean, hell of a lot better than the old site.

Looking at the new car range page is still depressing though, the lack of a saloon model and the lack of a sportscar makes the range look a bit tame.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I saw loads of hybrid Vezels in SRI Lanka (they're popular since petrol rose to 50p a ltr!), was lucky enough to take a look inside one of them. The interior was brilliant. I'm sure the HR-V will sell well in the UK dependant upon the correct price point.

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Shame we won't get hybrids in HR-V here? Would be very attractive proposition if it did come with it.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

A much needed refresh, just ahead of a couple of very much needed and important new models.

I like the link to heritage with the original HR-V referenced in the new HR-V section :clap:

Go :gohonda:

Ichiban likes this.
  6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    To be honest I find the design quite clumsy and hard to follow. The spacing/alignment and usage of white space is pretty horrendous:

spacing.

The Type-R compare page wants to compare Tourers, no thought has gone into this, they've just tried to rework the Tourers page for the Type-R. The whole feature is a bit redundant when none of the sections actually show the different between the standard and GT variant properly.

tourer.

The garden/lawn microsite has been far harder to follow as well since they updated it as well. Just seems very slapped together to me, worst thing is it's probably a 6-figure site redesign.

Let's not discuss us now having a 6 (cough, 4) model line-up, seeing the Accord and the rest gone drives home a hard to swallow point.

John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So they got the motorcycle section perfect then they cobbled up the rest.LOL

8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's been a standard HUK trick to give a lacking range an appearance of breadth for some time now. Make the Civic (i.e. one model and only ever will be) look like 3 models so the range looks wider by adding fat (and hopefully more appeal).

I'm surprised they haven't launched a 2 door Civic so they can then claim a "7th" addition to the range :Rolf:

Looking at the new website makes me want to say again what I've said for years. Honda pricing structure makes the Accord look exceptional value (with the added bonus of "Made in Japan" superiority :king:). I've just built a Civic EX for the grand sum of £27,360.:gotcha:

A very costly downgrade from my Accord me thinks! :blush:

Nels and DeviateDefiant like this.