General Honda Used Car Warranty

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArcticFire-Account Closed, Monday 18th Aug, 2014.

1. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Can anyone confirm what Honda's used car warranty covers or how good it is? It says on the website that it's as good as a new car warranty but my past experience with Honda main dealers hasn't been great.

Arnold Clark, who I've always loathed, surprised me hugely with their new warranty scheme which really does cover everything that a brand new manufacturer's warranty would cover. But Arnold Clark only give 2 months warranty with their used cars whereas Honda provide a year with the option of extending it at the end.

I'm weighing up if it's worthwhile paying a little more to get an approved Honda, perhaps even financing part of it in order to retain more capital in my bank. Depends on their interest rates which I can't find on their website.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just search for Honda happiness warranty on here there is pdf with the T&C .

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I was really looking for people's experiences with it. Anything on the finance side of things?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I never had it mate as only buy petrol’s, and they itself are so robust you wasting money, Diesels for sure require them, but get up to speed with T&C on what you can claim for and what you can’t.

Finance what would you like to know?

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    It's that magic term "wear and tear" which technically anything can be subject to such, which is why I was looking to see what other people's experiences have been like, i.e. is the old "wear and tear" excuse used? Just looking at the moment for the other classic "diagnostics charge" which is usually non-refundable even if a warranty covered item is found to be faulty. I can't see anything though which is good.

I've noticed you can add "wear and tear" cover for an additional charge and this would probably be worth doing, depending on how much extra it is because to be honest I'm finding that the used car prices at Honda Main Dealers are considerably higher than elsewhere of which I'd assume because you would expect a better warranty. I would also have to take the car to them for servicing and if we remember what my brother discovered with his Civic and the Main Dealer servicing, or lack of, then I do have food for thought here.

Re. finance, I'm finding it difficult to find any rates for used cars.

6. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have had 3 used Hondas from Brindley and have been treated well. The diesel needed a DPF replacement after 2 months and they did this a t no cost. Also crack in manifold which they replaced even after a year of having the car. Generally I have found both Honda and Mercedes warranties and dealers pretty good. I would now always go for reputable main dealer (except BMW!). Honda Halesowen get the thumbs up from me :Niceone:

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

They just need a nice new Accord Ex or Type-S in the showroom. :Whistle:

8. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They had a nice silver one a couple of weeks ago but it was DTEC. It was not there long. I agree they are generally pushing the new range of Civics and CR-Vs. They have a black edition of Civic VTEC with flappy paddle gears. Looks nice but expensive. Every now and again they put something interesting in there, I.e. S2000 a while ago.

9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

They did have a used Accord in there a while ago. DVD screens for the rear passengers. I haven't seen one inside since then.
    I do like the Black CR-V that was by the spiral stairway. Needs Ivory hide though.

Dr Chaos likes this.
  10. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think The new Sales manager is into bikes so they may put one off "interesting" models in there more.. They have had a couple of Civic Type-Rs but he said they sell within a couple of days. Next year should be interesting with the new model releases. I think new Jazz 1.4 turbo is also coming?

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

West Brom had a Legend in a few months ago. Maybe one day...

12. Dr Chaos Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

In September a friend from Japan is coming to live here for a couple of years, he indicated that he was looking for a Honda when he arrives. It will be interesting what he thinks of the choice here in the uk. He drives Subaru in Japan.