Brochures & Promo Honda Vezel In The UK??

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2015)' started by TheDarkKnight, Monday 17th Mar, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Any date for this beast to arrive on our shores??

I quite like this car and would be eager to test drive it.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I didn't think I'd say it, but if we don't get a new Accord for a while yet, the Vezel has me tempted as my first "brand new" car buy. I hate SUVs, but I really dig the design. I believe it'll be in the country at the start of 2015, but I'll try dig some better information out tomorrow.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My only fear with the Vezel is that it looks bigger in pics than it wil be in real life as its not as big as the CR-V.

Either way, looks a bajillion times better than the Nissan Crash-n-Cry....

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It'll be about the same size as the Qashqai I'd imagine, and as you infer, in real life it will be a lot smaller than the CR-V.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Yes mate, I was eyeballing that a few weeks ago. I even like some of unusual optional interior styling:

cbn_img01.
    cbn_img03.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If vezel the car which heralds a new era of bespoke interior trim then I am all for it.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The boot is smaller than my wifes nissan note which is 437L compared to the vezel 393L. Im guessing the vezel must be a smidgen bigger than a Jazz in size whos boot is 337L. That interior is well nice though. I wonder what engines they'll do. Maybe those small turbo petrol engines honda are working on?

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

1.5L i-VTEC is the only configuration available in Japan at the moment, it is one of the small turbo engines.

Racy Jace likes this.
  10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Really happy with the revival of the HR-V tag get your first gen restored chaps they have just increased in value.

Its nearly a given its going to be called the same here.:Hooray:

12. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Shame - I quite liked the Vezel name....ah well!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

A clip I saw today showing the insides of a JDM Vezel aka HR-V

14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I just watched that all the way through, I love the interior except for the chrome plastic and glossy black plastic by the gear box. Watching him stick his foot down, the 1.4L doesn't seem to have that much grunt to it at all. All that was going through my head was, rip silly hybrid stuff on the back axle here, 2L Turbo VTEC engine goes here, replace the AT here. More seriously, I love the design, it'd just be whole-heatedly under-powered for me, if they stuck the 1.5 Earth Dreams engine in it for the UK market, I'd consider biting. Hybrids are the future after all.

Also Honda might have done an S2000 with where they put that "sport button" on the Vezel, on the S2000 they put a washer button there for the windscreen and people accidentally hit it with their elbow all the time. Doesn't seem like the best replacement.

15. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    This looks kinda like the Nissan Puke and probably same size I imagine, although looks much nicer and will be better quality and luxurious. Glad they called it HR-V as Vezel sounds almost like Vejazzal. :Messed:

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Anyone that buys a Nissan Joke needs their head testing.

I just hope for Honda's sake that they do not over-aggressively price the Vezel and alienate would-be customers.

17. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    leonard likes this.
  19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Stumbled across this - from September last year in Auto Express. I prefer the front treatment on this picture.

Honda Civic SUV on way - Pictures | 2 | Auto Express

Will be interesting to see whether Honda badge this as a Civic (Crosstour?), Vezel or HR-V. Personally I like HR-V :Thumbup:

John Dickson likes this.
  20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's got to be HR-V.