Bulletins & Advisories Honda Vezel or should that be HR-V?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2015)' started by numpty67, Monday 10th Mar, 2014.

1. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Makes more sense in some ways than Vezel as it fits in with the existing line up but why oh why did they drop FR-V? Madness.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It has to be named the HR-V for europe! it has to.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm probably the only one who thinks the "Vezel" name fits in really well with the line-up and is a good strong name in general.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Vezel is a very vociferous name for a Honda car personally , Japan has had a few odd name for their cars sold in JDM trim and that pattern will not change it deep seated in Japanese vision to have strange names, to us they are strange but to Japanese they are :Devil: cool as hell.

Take the Jazz it called the fit in Us and Japan, Honda Europe wanted to standardise the name but soon realised their core customer base of 50 plus will get confused to where the Jazz is gone. Honda should keep with tradition and name it the new joy machine aka H-RV

Mike c and John Dickson like this.
  6. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    I do like the look of this Vezel aka HR-V. I wonder how the top of the range model will compare to the CR-V Ex price wise?
    I used to like the original HR-V and was a little surprised when they stopped selling them, particularly the 4x4 version.
    Regards
    Mike c

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I would say this is the first crossover vehicle for Honda since early 2000.. I would easily say Honda may have 6 model options to take on the European market leader in this segment (Nissan). So getting the brand positioning correct and not to overshadowing the entire Civic range it needs to be 2K lesser to attract the customer and leaving the Civic range some room to breath.

If Honda really wants to make in roads in Europe it needs to start selling a massive list of bespoke factory options which till date in missing .. The French have taught Nissan how to do this.

8. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I always thought the 2nd Generation Honda Crossroad would have made a good 2nd Generation HR-V, produced from 2007-2010 in Japan and although slightly bigger, it has obvious design similarities to the original HR-V, much more so than the original Crossroad, which was nothing more than a rebadged Land Rover Discovery.

8621646757_c21eb60a3a_b.
    2nd Generation Crossroad and original HR-V
    11356762433_ea8017ac96_c.
    1st Generation Crossroad

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    anyone want to put a wager that the Vezel will be called HR-V in Europe and US?

10. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Gosh, I have only just realised that the picture of the 1st Generation Crossroad IS actually a Honda, I thought it was a spoof picture of a Discovery!!
    Should have gone to specsavers - whoops silly me I did !!!
    Mike c

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Would probably surprise you to hear that Honda also designed the Vauxhall/Opel/Holden Frontera which was licensed to Isuzu and Chevrolet too. In Japan it was the "Honda Jazz", and in America it was the "Honda Passport".

jazz.

12. numpty67 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

There was also the Honda Horizon, a re badged, Isuzu Trooper, also sold as the Acura SLX, Chevrolet Trooper ,Isuzu Bighorn, Holden Jackaroo, Holden Monterey, Opel Monterey, Subaru Bighorn, Vauxhall Monterey amongst others.

10756969414_cfd60d2d0a_c.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. accordheritage Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England York
    I'm off to stick a Honda emblem on my mates Disco and see if he notices the change!

SpeedyGee and DeviateDefiant like this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    get a picture mate.:Niceone: