Official Honda Honda's European Resurgence Continues

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda UK News, Monday 18th Jul, 2016.

1. Honda UK News Auto-Generated News Feed

Following a strong start to 2016, Honda’s European sales have taken a further step up in the second quarter. A full refresh of its car range in 2015 has made it the fastest growing mainstream car brand in Europe.

Continue reading...

2. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    Actual sales look very small in all markets except UK so if you are starting from a low base then there is plenty of room for impressive percentage growth!

i-DSI likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Honda don't target large volume turn over though, unlike Toyota who sacrificed everything chasing big volumes.

4. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    I had exactly the same reflection when looking at the Belgian sales figures. Do you know that, in Belgium, just a small group of some Renault dealers sells more (!) than all Honda dealers together?! That says it all. And yes, they do target large volumes. Just look at Honda America: they do sell in high volumes and nobody is complaining about that. That's why you do business.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If they were doing that (chasing large volumes) they'd be advertising aggressively, they'd be shouting from the top of the trees, beating drums and hammering home how good their products really are. Attacking all the markets, challenging the market leaders in all segments. Do they do they all that ? No nowhere near anything like that.

6. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    They have/had the wrong products at the wrong time. Design not suited for Europe. And they have no interest in the low volume EU market. Japan wants HME to be self sustaining. They can't, they don't sell enough. And Japan does not want to support HME (who's making loss). No budget left for commercials (or anything else...).
    Honda's focus is at America and the Asian part of the world (India, China, Indonesia....). That's where you can grow and make money. Same goes for Ferrari, Audi, Toyota, Porsche, etc....
    Brands who sell good here do not make that big profit or even high losses (The French, Italians,...). The costs for selling good here are to high (languages, small dealerships, different commercials...). Brands who make big profit are successfull in Asian world and/or America. Just like Honda!