Guides Hondata FlashPro with 07-08 Acura TSX ECU, Complete Installation

Accord 03-08 K24A3, Acura TSX 04-08 K24A2

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    DeviateDefiant submitted a new resource:

Hondata FlashPro with '07-08 Acura TSX ECU, Complete Installation - Accord 03-08 K24A3, Acura TSX 04-08 K24A2

Read more about this resource...

Ichiban likes this.
  2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

WOW !
    I'll have to read this a few times to get my head around it.
    Very impressive, both in write up and the work you've done.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Thank you mate, it was a long process getting to grips with it all myself so thought I'd try and help others along in the future. I'm the 4th Accord owner in the UK to go this route, and the first ever Facelift. Hopefully more will join as the 7th Generation gets older and the prices drop more :Smile:

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Great write and good job on getting it all working. How you finding the Base map now that you've had it on for a short while now?

I'll be follow suit soon .

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Well although the high-end gains are by far the greatest and best thing, it's not something I'm utilising in daily traffic very often. What I do enjoy the most at the moment is the better low-end response and just being more snappy in general when pottering around. I'm still greatly missing the low-end gains I had from the solid lightweight flywheel on the '03 (something we'll hopefully rectify shortly, but shh for now), when that's in I'm sure I'll be pretty happy with the low-end.

Fuel economy is slightly down, I have no exact figures yet as it's too early - just based on seeing the needle fall. Again, once there's a tweaked base map I should be back to normal pretty much (TSX owners often get better economy).

I can't really think of a downside, only thing I've noticed is that for some reason there's rev hang at times when shifting up at high RPM. It's almost like there's a failsafe built into the map which doesn't let the throttle follow the pedal for a few hundred milliseconds, I'm still getting my head around the behaviour but I'll report back more at a later date.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Revs probably hang due to overfueling

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Now there's a point I hadn't considered, I guess I best get the car datalogged as soon as possible.

9. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Perfect DIY , even my small daughter can install flashpro now ) I just wanna add that CAN bus wiring can be done for almost free . All you need is to get an OBD connector off any junkyard, source 2 pins out there and connect em anywhere in your harness. I usually do it in E ECU connector , its easily accesible. 2 small vampires and you are good to go.

Rev hang is a known problem for MT , it occurs only with EDM and AUDM CL9 and mostly with stock TB , guys whos upgraded to bigger ones reported that problem almost gone. Hondata don't wanna look into since EDM isnt supported at all.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Thanks for the kind words :Smile:

Yeah I did cover the basics of that in the guide too, I decided to go the official harness route just for ease and the polished finish.

I agree, though it was vastly improved by the base map. 64mm TSX 06+ is a good drop-in replacement, going bigger the Acura TL and ZDX TBs (70mm) are popular for high-end N/A or FI builds. Not as many options for DBW as cable/IACV models - if you want to keep cruise control anyway.

11. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    I don't recommend to go with more than TL 65-67mm TB , its more than enough to feed the engine with any setup and to improve low and mid end engine respond. ZDX one is way too big for this engine and usually cause idle problems. TL is just perfect and its a bolt on for RRC manifold )

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

There's a few sizes for the TL throttle bodies, which ones do you think work best? I definitely agree the ZDX are too big for a stock engine :Smile:

13. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    I usually source em off 07-08 TL Type-S , its 68 tapered to 65. Never had any problems with em , good stable idle around 700 rpms.

14. urbancncboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very good guide, detailed and easy to follow. I have 2007 Facelift 2.4 EX, recently had my TSX ECU paired with immobiliser at my Honda Dealer as expected we had a CEL light on. Today i plugged in my Flash Pro and proceeded to follow the guide. I chose the 04-05 Base Map as my Accord is stock at the moment, In the 'Callibratio/Misc box the EVAP VSV error check enabled was allready un-ticked, the only ticked option was 'EVAP FTP enabled so i left this screen as is. I did note that if i ticked and then un-ticked a box then this would place a red DOT on the far left?
    After starting the engine the engine check light was illuminated once again. Please can someone help?

Thanks

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Hi Keef, why don't you pop over to the Introduce Yourself section, say a few things about yourself and your car.

What is the code you are getting ?

If I recall correctly there are five error correction options in FlashPro. I assume you have ticked the ones for the error code you are seeing. If that hasn't worked, I would try doing clearing OBD errors.

@DeviateDefiant what do you think ?

16. urbancncboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

I will put a bit on the 'Introduce yourself' as i am new to this forum and so far am finding it a very nice place to be.

At the moment i do not have a code, after my TSX ECU was installed and paired to immobiliser i was informed by the Honda Tech that the engine check light was on, and error codes were present. I got this info second hand through thr guy at the service desk, he told me over the phone that was the case , and had heard me saying to expect a CEL Error. From memory i believe he said something about 'Heater control' but he was not sure, i assumed it was the EVAP VSV Error and knew i could disable it in FlashPro. Can i read the Error Codes myself using FlashPro? or do i need to visit Honda again? Before the ECU was replaced there were no Error Codes present. I read that our Accords d not have 'EVAP' so therefore i guess any of the EVAP options should be disabled? but i will wait for one of you knowlegable guys to advise. I hope i can bring some useful topics to the forum in return.

Regards

Keef
    - - - Updated - - -
    I just read your post reply again, i thought i need to un-tick the box? it was allready unticked when i opened that section, should i tick the box?

Regards

Keef

17. littlebo Remaps & Tuning Trader

Canada Serge Vancouver
    Yep, you can read all errors with FP , just start online logging and they all pops up in error codes window. I guess you forgot to uncheck some of the errors detection skip for systems we don't have in EDM cars , you need to uncheck all the boxes in misc except VSA.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You can also shut up secondary o2 sensor in closed loop to disable its logic and exchange that sensor for beer :Smile:

18. urbancncboy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you, my CL9 is also Carbon Bronze. I will try that tomorrow and post the results. I will also read the codes.

Thanks Keef

19. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Sorry yes I meant un-tick. As @littlebo said "un-tick all but VSA".

20. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Remove the EVAP FTP and the light should go off, I also have VSA disabled at the moment. Here's how mine is currently set-up:

accord-tsx-cl9-evap-sensor-ftp-flashpro.

Worth noting FP doesn't read stored DTCs only active (to the best of my knowledge), and it doesn't read every sub-system like say HDS.