General Hot completely brand new Audi A4 released!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exec, Monday 29th Jun, 2015.

1. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    audia41_1.

:lol::Rolf::lol::Rolf:

This is the brand new A4 released today. Does anyone else want to play spot the difference with the model released 15 years ago?

I have never disliked a car brand so much as Audi. They epitomise everything that is wrong with new cars these days and german brand. Thier cars are cold and characterless, they look dated with the same design being used for the last 15 years, same design replicated throughout the range under the guise of 'family face' and 'consistency', absolutely awful drive, they can't build a drivers car if their life depended on it and neither are their cars comfy, they have rock hard rides, although the new A3 i drove was a huge improvement. More importantly this is supposedly a premium brand, yet the build quality is pants and the reliability makes a 1980's Italian seem super reliable.

Why do people throw their hard earned cash away on these rubbish?

moob, Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    People are told its the best and they believe them. :gotcha:

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I also dislike Audi with a passion but I think the point of not changing the looks too much is to prevent older cars from looking so dated. Of course it can have the opposite effect on new cars lol

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@exec - I couldn't agree more.

A triumph of brand over substance, and you aren't even paying for exclusivity.

I've never understood it, and more to the point, I've never understood the motoring media obsession with them.

5. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

@Duc de Pommfrit well said, whenever I see one coming up the road or up my chuff, I say to myself the driver must be lost as the rest of the sheep went the other way.
    - - - Updated - - -
    The 7th Generation will always be fresh. Just like the first spaceship revamp of the Civic

vincemince likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I can see one massive difference.

It takes blandness to a whole new level than I thought Audi was even capable of!

Audi never was and never will be a luxury brand. They are the poor relation to Merc. Always in Merc's shadow building bland, cruddy, over-priced pieces of cack.

Always Under Diagnostic Inspection

They must have a suicidal business plan launching a new model in a no longer existing market sector in Europe! :Wink:

The motoring press is depressing at the moment. All these new D sector models getting launched but no new Accord.

Well there will be a few manufacturers going to the wall throwing so much into the no longer existing D sector market. Oh hang on a second it isn't dead hence why they are all fighting for presence in it.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    zz_audia4.

The most chaotic and uninviting looking cabin I've seen in a long time.

8. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

No wonder the drivers are mostly numptys, having to deal with multi-tasking just to drive, with all the attention distracting buttons and extras - let's not forget - the 'extras' with all german marques are very expensive and not all as standard.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    It the abundance of (useless) buttons and controls that gives the numpties the false impression that they are driving something that does actually have lots of extras when in it actual fact it doesn't :gotcha:

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    You see I think the whole evolution design thing they do is marketing nonsense I don't think it has much to do with making their older models look dated, they just don't know how to design a car, their whole range looks the same, and every model looks the same as previous, look at the sporty models the TT and R8 they look exactly the same as the previous one. It's the sheer arrogance of them that they do it because they know people will buy their cars regardless, so they put very little effort in the way of making a car that is actually good.

Agree with that interior too, look at the silly tablet thats just been stuck on top like those Merc, the only redeeming feature is the binnacle with the digital sat nav view and speedometer, I think thats a great feature.

11. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Honda - there is another way

12. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I must add that I like the idea of the satnav being merged within the speedo/rev counter.

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think it's a very bad idea. A dashboard should always look the same, that way when some out of the ordinary warning appears it is is blatantly obvious. A dashboard should also only show minimal, simplistic information that you need.

14. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

I have to agree, I have never experienced a clearer and more easy to read instrument binnacle, without the steering wheel getting in the way, than the Tourer I drive today.

15. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I'm the same, instrument panel has all the safety and important stuff, satnav is a convenience. Same for hud etc, too much crap to distract and drivers don't have the same training as pilots lol

16. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Read this today in the papers.Wonder how much this reporter got paid by Audi to write it lol.
    20150702_070821.

17. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    So what he's really saying is that he once bought a brand new Audi and never had it serviced for three years and in that time it just kept running but sold it in year three just before it went bang?

John Dickson and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  18. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I think what he was trying to say is that his car was just sitting in the driveway for three year, possibly because it wouldn't start? What a twit, must be a Sun journalist.

19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

He used the word "redundo."

That was enough for me to dismiss every single word that came afterwards.

20. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The style that is written just makes me not believe a word of it.

Always Under Diagnostic Inspection

so-named for a good reason.