Off-Topic Hot

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by AccordCU2, Monday 22nd Jul, 2013.

1. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's 32º here in Kings Lynn and I am working on the roof, feels like 50º.
    Hope you office workers having a good time in your air conditioning offices, never moan again of being stuck indoors. (Wish I was indoors now)
    I would sell my soul now for a nice cold one.
    Wish you all a nice day and speak later if I survive today.
    What's the temperature where you are?

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    It's not too bad here at the moment, 24 degrees in Liverpool. I can feel the humidity starting to pick up though and that's what always gets me. Missus is nagging me to head off to the beach.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Humidity is killer here.
    Do it, head for the beach if you can.
    Who needs holiday abroad in weather like this ha ha.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    True stuff, the debate is whether to drag the 3 border collies with us or not! I'd end up with having to do a full interior clean again no matter what precautions are taken :lol:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Im in a muggy office with no windows, admittedly that's a tad better than working outside in 32 degree heat.
    The chair was a bit hard though so I just swapped it for a better one whilst no one was looking.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is when I miss the air con'd office job although the truck A/C is on low and flat out fan speed and no one can moan about how cold it is in here :Happy: The only problem is having to strip out a foreign euro trailer with all 56 wooden boards in it :Frown:

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Air conditioned office?! That's a joke!! The damn things broke (like in most modern offices) and the managers are too tight to fix it (also like in most modern offices). I've got huge windows on both sides of the office and they only open about 2 inches (presumably to stop us jumping out) so the office is effectively a green house. We have 3 portable fans in the office which just push the increasingly hot air round and if they get turned off it's so hot we begin to sweat even from just sitting down. The stifling heat causes us to get headaches despite drinking 2-3 litres of water each day. It was cooler outdoors than it was in my office today. A point worth noting, while there is a minimum office temperature at which H&S deep it acceptable to work at, but there isn't a maximum temperature. And despite the fact women get away with wearing sleeveless tops, skirts and open toed shoes to keep themselves cool, the men still have to wear long sleeved shirts, ties and smart shoes. I would have killed to have been outdoors today in the fresh air wearing a t-shirt, even if it was up on a roof.

Rant over! lol

Primarycare likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sat in sunny gran canaria sipping my cocktails in a mild 26 degrees in the shade . Not at all muggy infact vey cool under the shade. You don't say it that often UK hotter than Spain!!

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That's is why I can't cope with the heat ,thats what happens working in datacentres for the last 23 years. The set temperature in my office throughout the year is a mild 21 degrees with aircon every single inch of the place, another reason why aircon is always noon my car..