Off-Topic Hotels in London

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Duc de Pommfrit, Tuesday 2nd Feb, 2016.

1. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Can anyone recommend a good hotel in London?

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Depends which part of London and the budget.

I know of a nice (small-ish) Hilton tucked away only 5 mins walk from embankment, but on the North side of the river. Near Parliament, London Eye etc.

Hotels in Westminster - DoubleTree Hotel London Westminster - UK

The Cumberland is ok - but huge - good and central though near Marble Arch. Very small rooms though unless you upgrade (or get upgraded!) to the executive floor.

On Park Lane i'd avoid The Hilton, but the Grosvenor House is excellent if budget isn't a big priority.

Near London City airport and Excel Conference centre (so good for Docklands, etc.) the Premier Inn is pretty good but not that cheap. If you get a room 'airport' side it is fascinating to watch the take-offs though...

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I live on the opposite side of the river to the City airport and there is a Premier Inn close to O2 Arena in Greenwich as well.
    Probably help if you know which side of London you want to stay in.
    - - - Updated - - -
    which ever one you decide, I would advise against NottingHill Hotel. Pretty disappointing IMO considering the area
    Notting Hill hotel in Notting Hill London.

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The Hilton Metropole on Edgware Road - opposite the tube station - is big but not bad. 15 minute walk from Baker Street, 30 mins max walk to Selfridges if you didn't want to take the tube.

5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Stayed in Pullman the last time but my daughter wants to see tourist things!