ICE & HFT How can I get my shiny iPhone 6 to play music through the USB jack?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by liamp, Saturday 15th Nov, 2014.

1. liamp Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have no doubt this has been covered before, is there anyway I can play music from the iphone through the USB connection or by any other means. Keeps coming up that device is unsupported on my iphone screen.
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Thread moved to correct section. I have had to go through your posts to find what Honda you own.
    Please include details about your car, or add her to the club garage. She will then appear on all your posts, which will help us to help you.
    SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Can anyone assist on @liamp's query on playing music via iPhone
  4. Rorton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Rich Uk
    Is it an 8th Generation accord that you have?

I have an iPhone 6 working in my 8th Generation EX no problem at all.

Use a genuine Apple usb to lightning cable, plug it into the little flying usb lead in the centre arm rest and all is good.

Are you using a genuine Apple cable?
    Nighthawk likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I believe he's got a 58 plate I-DTEC, but I don't know any more.
  6. AccordBuzz Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Liamp.

As Rorton said, use a genuine cable. I had this issue with my iPhone 5 and it was due to the cable. I bought an iPhone 6 and used the brand new cable that came with it and it works like a dream now.

I also have a 58 plate I-DTEC
  7. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Same here, cable is usually the problem if not using the genuine item.
  8. impne Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've used iPhone 4, 5 and now 6 plus in my 2010 with both genuine and non genuine cable and never had an issue
    Odd it doesn't work
  9. hedleyf Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Members go out of their way and spend their time to help other members that have problems , that is partly what we are there for, it annoys me that as in this case, certain members do not reply to questions or worst still do not reply at all weather they are sorted or not, common decency and good manners cost nothing, sorry just my rant for the day! :Rant:
    Nels, Chunkylover53 and Ichiban like this.
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Have you got this working now @ liamp?