ICE & HFT How do I remove my factory radio ???

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by takeslousyphotos, Friday 22nd Feb, 2013.

1. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Can someone tell me how I remove the factory radio from my 2000 model 3.0 v6 coupe please ? I think it's past it's sell by date and keeps cutting out. I have a replacement but I can't see how it comes out.

I've removed the facia and surround and I'm left with the metal chassis in the dash. It appears to be bolted in in some way but I can't see anything much of anything.

If someone can help here it'd be much appreciated.

Thanks

2. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Not sure, but have a look in the engine bay to see if there is a securing bolt goes from radio into this space.
    Mike c

3. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well that's as good as anything Mike .......... I'll take a look in the daylight

Peter

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Could you take a picture of your unit and need to have you chassis code too.

5. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I managed to sort it ............. I found a youtube clip. There are the two srcrews at the bottom which I already removed. There is another at the top behind the clock / hazard light switch. You just lever the clock / hazard light switch out with your fingers. Take the screw out and the whole panel comes off with the climate control unit. Unplug that and the radio fixings are clearly visible. Two screws holding it in ........... Lifts out and replaced it with the factory unit I bought on Ebay £15.00 ..........and twenty minutes.

........ Normal service and tunes are restored........... One small problem left..... and then everything will be perfect.

THE BULB IN THE CLOCK HAS BLOWN NOW !!!!!!! ...... I guess maybe I was a bit heavy handed. So does anyone know if I can get one from "Autobulbs" or someplace ??? (in the UK) other than paying the equivalent to the "Defence Budget of a Small South American Dictatorship" from a main dealer ???

Many thanks for your help guys.

Peter

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why are dealer prices so expensive what are the part numbers

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Kindly share the YouTube link so others can learn .thanks

8. takeslousyphotos Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Here is the Youtube link .....

How to replace install ac control assembly Honda Accord - YouTube

Peter

- - - Updated - - -

Well I got a price for two bulbs for the Dash illumination from my Local dealer. £14.60 including VAT ??? ...... At work we buy minature bulbs for Military Switch Panels..... and they are pennies.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I got a price for two bulbs for the Dash illumination from my Local dealer. £14.60 including VAT ??? ...... At work we buy minature bulbs for Military Switch Panels..... and they are pennies.

- - - Updated - - -