ICE & HFT How do I turn off the TP on the radio on my sat nav accord?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tonygw, Tuesday 27th Oct, 2015.

1. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

Stupid question I know but I had to disconnect the battery to charge it as one of the kids left the interior light on. Since disconnecting it I re-tuned all the radio channels which is fine. But TP is displayed on the info display and every time I listen to one channel it flips to another local channel with a stronger signal.

I cannot find my hand book to turn this feature off.

Can anybody tell me how to turn this off so that I can listen to a national radio channel without it automatically flipping to a stringer more local radio channel?

Thanks!!
    Tony

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Press the "TA/RDS" button, that should switch it off.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You may have to press it twice I can't remember

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

mmm been jabbing at that furiously and it turns off TA but not the TP. I think but might be wrong, that TP forces the radio to look for stronger or more local stations? Or am I wrong.

Its driving me bonkers.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hmm I can't remember then, I'll have look when I'm in my Accord later on.

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

aha sorted it for those who might be interested, with the radio on push the on/off knob for more than 2 seconds and the display shows a few options. You can scroll through the options with the "tune" knob. So You can switch News on or off, AF on or off and few others. I switched of AF and it stop jumping to the best signal station when I didn't want it to.

Might be useful for somebody to know.

Simes and SpeedyGee like this.