General How do Reevoo select customers for their reviews?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lisbon, Saturday 19th Dec, 2015.

1. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

So, I purchased a new CR-V in July this year. Being new to Honda, online reviews were an important source for information and Reevoo significant among such sources. But how do they identify and select customers to request that they complete a review survey? Have any new vehicle owners been contacted to participate in this? If so, how were you contacted and by whom? What was your experience? Would be interesting to understand how this things works.

2. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Casting my mind back, I'm pretty sure that Honda sent me the link asking me to review my new car on Reevoo.

Does that sound familiar to others?

I could have sworn that I posted something about it at the time, but I can't find it so maybe I imagined that part!

3. Lisbon Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

My new car broke down after 9 days because Swindon factory couldn't tighten a jubilee clip properly and an air hose blew off. Left me stranded in the middle of the night on a foreign motorway. Strange I didn't get an invite to review my car. Still, as long as Reevoo are "Independent", "Impartial" and "Trustworthy".

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its clear the want the happy camper customers there not free for all whining customer no pun intended. Reviews today are all bought for the correct price.:Icecream:

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Funny story.

I wrote a review of a product I bought from a 'major high street retailer' on their website, as they sent me an e-mail asking me to do so.

In my 300 words, I stated that I was happy with the product, but slightly disappointed at the advice given to me by said store, as it had been incorrect. I HAD though said that it wasn't the end of the world, and that the product was still fine.

Imagine my surprise when I received an e-mail to say that my review wouldn't be published as I had 'violated' the terms and conditions of said store. Speaking to them on the 'phone, they said that my review couldn't be published as I had mentioned service rather than just the product, and that if I amended it to remove any reference to disappointment with the advice I'd been given, they WOULD publish it.

I then asked why, if that was the case, were there many reviews published on their site PRAISING the service given - surely to be consistent, those should have been removed or amended as well? After a bit of bluster and being passed to a 'manager' I still didn't get an answer other than the inference that it was, in some way, 'different' to give praise rather than being critical, and that readers of the reviews would find praise of service given 'more helpful.'

Online reviews? Be very careful IMHO...:Wassat: