ICE & HFT How do you return to the clock screen?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by rikernumber1, Sunday 29th Jun, 2014.

1. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Day 2 of CR-V ownership......

I have an 08 petrol auto EX - been playing around with the SatNav. I cannot figure out how you can exit back the the simple clock display screen - assuming you can? I realise that if you haven't given it a destination then it just shows where you are - and you can obviously switch to audio easily, so it's not stuck, but if you decided you didn't want the map displaying after all, and just want the clock, can you do that? Have read the manual and can't see it anywhere.

Thanks,

Phillip

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Phil , can you take pictures can't figure out what you want to achieve fella.

3. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Hi,

I shot some video:

First bit shows me turning on, getting in to SatNav and being unable to exit out of it to either the clock or to switch the whole unit off. Second bits me waiting until the display eventually goes to the clock - and then you can switch it off. I'd like to be able to go to the clock mode from the Nav mode, or switch off completely from the Nav, but it seems that once you go to the Nav, the unit is on until you switch off the ignition.

Can the whole unit/display be switched off once you are in Nav mode?

Thanks,

Phillip

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I am not sure for CR-V but on my Accord it's not possible to do that.
    Once you press ok screen stays on all the time.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think that is only possible on the current 4th Generation CR-V fella , can the 4th Generation guys confirm please? never seen that as a option on the 3rd Generation.

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Once you are on map screen, have you tried the day/night (brightness) button ?
    i'e. the round one, RHS with sun/moon on.

On my Accord, it allows you to alter the brightness, go to white on black, rather than black on white, or turn the display off completely.

7. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Thanks for the replies - will try the brightness button tomorrow.

8. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On the 7th Generation Accord Sat Nav, if you have the map on and you hit the A/C button (to the left under Audio) and stay on that screen. After about 30 seconds or so the screen switches off.

9. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    On the 4th Generation CR-V the i-MID screen shows the clock not the sat nav screen. The only way to have the screen off but with the audio on is to press the day/night button and there is an off/day/night/auto button there.

There are separate steering wheel controls to alter what is displayed on the i-MID screen. i.e. blank, clock only, images which you download with the clock either analogue or digital.

Hope this helps.

Nels likes this.
  10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah, you can use the day/night lighting button on the 8th Generation Accord too Zoran. I used to use that all the time after pressing "OK".

Same with the 4th Generation CR-V as Zoot kindly pointed out above.

Not strictly true - when the car is running, do not touch the OK button on screen. You can just hit the power button to the left and the audio will come on and the screen will time out and go black because you've not pressed anything :Niceone:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  11. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Yep TDK - I was being a bit technical and forgot about the screen going black without touching anything! Glad you spotted it!

12. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Thanks for the advice all - pressing the day/night button 3 times does turn off the display on mine as well.

Phillip