Tyres & Wheels How long do your tyres last?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Nick Allen, Sunday 30th Sep, 2012.

1. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all

looking to replace the front tyres on my 2.0 petrol ES GT, was just wondering how long you would expect them to last, the car has only covered 12000, previous owner, they are the stock rims?

the current tyres are Bridgstone Turanza 225x50x17 98v with a treadware rating of 320

also read the few reviews on here, but what is the current reasonably priced tyres folks are choosing..

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have the same tyres on my Tourer what the tread mm left on your front wheels. They should last for a another 10k miles if you move them to the back and rotate your tyres.

3. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Both front tyres are almost down to the wear indicator bumps, (will try and measure them later) there is even wear across both tyres, so no sign poor geometry.

I was thinking that as the car is only three years old and only done 12k miles that the previous owner must have done a lot of short miles and has perhaps scrubbed the tyres with over use of the power steering while stationary.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is extremely low , or the tyres have never been inflated to the correct pressures.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My previous tyres were Yokohama Advan sport and they lasted 25000 miles.
    I am bit of a freak and check pressure at least once a week.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I've done 6000 miles on my tyres and rotated them round last weekend. Fronts were getting quite low but the backs had hardly no wear on them. I think I'll get about 9000 miles out the set. Not sure how you lot are getting so many miles out your tyres. :Whistle:

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I got petrol,not heavy diesel lump in front:Rolf:
    I doubt i will get anywhere near miles with new tyres as i did on Yokohama.

8. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am considering some Maxxis Pro R1 (2012 version), I know they are a mid range tyre, have read some good reviews, but due to the differing reviews of how long tyres last on the accord, im not willing to pay out £160 for a "premium tyre" for them to last only 1 year...

anyone else tried some midrange tyres?

how much notice do folks take of the new labelling A-F for rolling resistance and wet weather etc..

looking on the mytyres.co.uk web site and just looking at the ratings there are some interesting choices..

just found the ratings for the maxxis F & B not that great...

the hankook ventus prime 2 k115 look reasonable

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rs..._pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

Last edited: Monday 1st Oct, 2012
  9. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Have decided to go for some Michelin Primacy 3's they have rating C for fuel efficiency, A for wet weather breaking 69 decibel road noise, also Michelin are doing £50 fuel card voucher when you buy 2 x 17" tyres, also got 2.5% cash back with top cash back when booked on line with F1 auto centres.

£310 - 2.5% - £50 = £252 or £126 each... not a bad deal I think.. that fitted as well...

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That is a good deal and Michelin are good tyres.

11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm replacing my fronts tomorrow they are Marshall Matrix they are down to the indicator marks so new ones to come I'm thinking either the same which I can get for £89 per tyre fully fitted or the other option is to go for Event tyres which my daughter has ran on her Renaultsport Megane and has had good performance and wear from them these will cost around £59 per tyre fully fitted. I have been well impressed with the Marshalls but my budget is pretty tight so I'm looking towards the Events unless anyone can suggest anything else? Open to all suggestions.

12. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

www.oponeo.co.uk is always worth a look, but budget on around £15 a corner to fit, balance and dispose of the old tyre.

13. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've got Kumho's on mine and just put them on the back a month ago. I put them on at 60800 miles and cars now done 79800 so 19k in total on them. About 18k on fronts. Very pleased with that. They still have about 3mm on them. Didn't think I'd had them that long.