Exhaust System How Long To Fix DPF! Problem

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Wednesday 1st Jan, 2014.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    My car is going to have the DPF problem fixed in the morning. How long should it take to undergo this repair? The service guy said it would take two or three hours to do. He did mention the software update that Honda have issued.

The reason I need to know is that I need to leave the pup with some friends, and a three hour job means I'll be out for almost five hours.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need to get it done one way or another can't they pick the car up and drop it back ?

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I'm going to have it done in the morning. It's too far to expect the dealer to collect and return. I need to let my friends know how long I'll be and they can make arrangements about Jamie.

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Robbie, I've had 5 regens done and the maximum time taken was 1 hour. You shouldn't have any bother once the ECU update is done.

5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Went with it this morning and it took about two hours to complete the job. This also included a wash and interior hoover.

Well satisfied and the engine appeared so much more responsive.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent the new Updates would fix the short term DPF regeneration errors and false\positive reporting pending the big update.

7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As my CR-V is 101% fine, no issues - should I enquire about getting my ECU updated etc?

Or shall I leave things alone?!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Get them done mate it improves the reliability of the car it won't cause any detrimental effect.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll give HH a bell on Monday....