Off-Topic How many commercial flights in the air ! realtime

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 13th Sep, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ACC-CDI-2T likes this.
  2. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

There's an app called plane finder too. Kinda wonder where they find all the room up there !!

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:Aghast:

Fascinating...most of them appear to be going over my house (!), south-west of L*ton and north-west of London. I am on the flightpath for both L*ton and Heathrow so am very used to the crowded skies...but seeing the sheer number on there...WOW. What a great website, thanks for sharing!

4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Its also available as a free app on Android, I`ve been using it for a while. It comes in handy if you have to pick someone up from the airport.

Don`t know if they do a version for the iphone but it looks even more crowded on a small screen

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Thx - brilliant website !!! :Smile:

7. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I think the London Underground train tracker has just made me never want to travel on it again! How many on such a (relatively) small network?! Amazing...

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

9. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    What's even worse is these sort of things happen multiple times every day and only a fraction of them are reported. At least the planes have anti collision warnings on them to alert the pilots when they're making a pigs ear of it.

Them sites are fascinating, you can actually see the flight paths in the air.