Off-Topic How much is that doggy in the window?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Wednesday 1st May, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

In my search for dog number 2 for dog número UNO & daughter - happened to come across another LAB looking for a new home ... but giving dog away at 8 years old- due to a growing family ?...hello??? Seriously makes me angry- if I carry on at this rate I will have a house full- (yes Cj-a zoo)
    somethings are just wrong...

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Our lass just txt me about a retriever in a rescue place we are tempted with another but it's just bad timing as we're about to go on hols to France and take our current retriever with us.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    "A dog is for life, not just for Christmas."

I leave home for a couple of weeks at a time, every time I do whichever dog(s) get left at home with the missus pine and whine everyday because one of their pack is missing. I couldn't imagine how it would be for an 8 year old dog getting kicked out of his pack - dogs bond for life.

Sometimes circumstances really do call for a need for a dog to be rehomed, elderly unable to care for them, young family member with an allergy etc. but 'a growing family'? Geez, you'd think you'd have some control over that.

Malibu likes this.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Oh don't get me going on this eight years old and the family is growing well she should have kept her legs tightly shut that's what I say it's a disgrace. My german shepherd came from a rescue he was 5 when we got him and he had spent those years with an unmarried mother with three kids. He was starved he had so much damage done to his body and he had allegedly been kept in a cage because he was too active??? I ask you even today 4 years after we got him he still sits by the sink when we peel potatoes etc. he's a beautiful dog but had a hard start to his life.all he wanted was some attention,love oh and a cuddly toy to chew on.

5. srgibbs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have an eight year old yellow LAB and I can tell you when they reach this age they require frequent trips to the Vet (LABS are very prone to Arthritis) I'm paying £40/month on pet insurance.
    That's the reason they're off-loading the LAB, not the growing family!

6. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I know it makes me angry that people can be so cruel- there is no way my dog would be given away- I'd go without myself if it came to it- I end up ranting at the computer when I read what people write- stupid people-

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love dogs and could not give it away no matter what.
    Don't have one at the moment but hopefully when I move next year to a bigger place I will get me German shepherd.
    Love your dog Helen by the way.Very friendly dog.

8. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I've got two dogs, a fifteen year old Cocker Spaniel who is deaf and blind, and suffers with dementia. He is very hard work, but no way would I let him go. The little fellow is a two year old Cocker Spaniel who was recently diagnosed with epilepsy. He has to have medication every twelve hours. But, I love my dogs, and a dog is for life.

Primarycare likes this.
  9. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Love German shepherds as well - that was my original plan for a second dog - but as our house is more shoebox side & given pud is such a crazy dog- might not be so sensible!!

- - - Updated - - -

Most definitely they are- this is why I can't understand how people can give them away- I mean aren't they meant to be part of the family as well.. I wonder if they would give their kids away as easily- hmmm.....bring back dog licences I say

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a god thank you thank you :Innocent: goodbye dog number two :What:

11. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Should we ever get another dog I think I should place bets it will be called Honda!!

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    :SOS: is there a doctor in the house :telloff: You can't call a dog Honda.

what is we called him NA1 the closest we will ever get to an NSX.

tumblr_m74d95kCxJ1qhkpgpo1_1280.

13. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Shut up cj

well you surprise me saying that!

cute dog!!

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    He is a cute little dog. Is your car left hand drive, or has the photo been transposed?

Here's Henry in the window of the caravan. This was taken in France last year.

IMG_1464.

Last edited: Friday 3rd May, 2013
    Ichiban likes this.
  15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    naah bud that dog is not ours just an image I found on the internet. if I had a NSX even my kids will be banned from the front seat :Whistle: if they were allowed they will wrapped in bubble wrap. :Hooray:

16. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well Helen just to get up CJ's nose why not call it Civic:Grin::Grin::Grin:

17. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We had a white German Shepherd called Benjamin(Ben). He had epilepsy from around the same age. Unfortunately his condition worsened and the medication just didn't help anymore. He was such a gentle dog broke our hearts when we had to say goodbye but we knew we had given him the best we could. That's the important thing.

Ichiban likes this.
  18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You on death wish !!!

19. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

How about Jazz!!!!!

20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Or better still DIESEL:cool::cool::Tongue: