Electrical & Lights How much to change a sidelight bulb???

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Biffo, Friday 13th Dec, 2013.

1. Biffo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lancashire
    The O/S sidelight bulb in my 7th Generation diesel accord has blown. it looks impossible to get at from inside the engine bay, I've had the light cluster out before when I did the VSA module, but my back is playing up and I'm not getting any younger, so I called the Honda dealer where I got the car originally from, after being on hold for what seemed like ages, they came back with a price of £42 +vat, so £48+ just to change 1 sidelight bulb!! Needless to say, I will not be taking them up on it!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can get to the bulb via the fender lining access is a bit hard but you can do it if you don't want to spend £48 quid.

3. mushroom Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

very easy acces from wheel arch (just need to take off couple plastic clips, turn your wheels to the right or left and have look under it...very easy

4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    you can easily change it by lifting the power steering reservoir out of the way

No need to go into the arches at all, just be good at working with your fingertips