General How reliable is Honda

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bo_, Thursday 19th May, 2016.

1. Bo_ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. DrSam Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    Yay honda! I'm not surprised. My uncle previously had a honda accord which he bought as a run around and intended to drive it till it dies. After 280k miles on the clock the car just didn't want to give up. He had to get rid of it because of space.
    Best engineered cars! Honoured to own 2 and many more to come.
    legend-ary likes this.
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Interesting to see Lexus so far down the table...:Laughing:

More IS300h models on the road, aimed at the fleet market, built to a price and with an almost inevitable result.

5. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

It says 'due to extended warranty claims'
  6. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    My Accord is really annoying. I want to buy a new car, but mine keeps running and running, not giving me a reason to buy anything (well, other than another Accord...) :Smile:
    Bo_, DrSam, FirstHonda and 1 other person like this.
  7. DrSam Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sam Birmingham
    How about you give the car to me, then you'll have a reason to buy another :Tongue:
    Explorador likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

These surveys seem to differ so much from magazine to magazine. I read one just a few days ago that put our beloved Honda 18th??? But we know the truth really don't we?
    Well I've had my accord for 10years now and discounting service parts the only problem I have encountered with it has been the MICU problem recently(thank god for eBay).
    exec and DrSam like this.
  9. Bo_ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Probably lack of parts increases service costs and that could be a reason for dropping from top spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    The survey is flawed and just an article to make up the day snumber.
  11. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've had 4 Accords from new (2nd Generation 85-92, 5th Generation 96-99, 6th Generation 99-02 and my current 7th Generation 06-16).

I've never had a breakdown. The 5th Generation Accord had a faulty suspension bush replaced under warranty and my current 6th Generation Accord a new brake master cylinder after 8 years replaced under Extended Warranty. Nothing else to report apart from that over 23 years.

I'm having great difficulty finding a new car to replace my current 7th Generation Accord now 10 years old.
    exec likes this.
  12. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

@John Dickson 8th Generation is up for sale... Probably one of the finest 2nd hand last gen Accord out there.
    - - - Updated - - -
    8th Genn Seeking a Good Home.... (Facelift Model - )

John Dickson likes this.
  13. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mines 12 years old and I wouldn't change it for anything.
  14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Only problems I've had over 10 years and 5 Accords were the dodgy speakers on the first of the 8th Gens and a duff clutch and CMC on my last one - all replaced without fuss under warranty of course.

It seems it is the marketing and range development areas of Honda that are their biggest let-downs.
    MickyB likes this.
  15. sc489 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You must have been unlucky to have two fairly major problems (clutch & CMC) on your last Accord. I agree there are significant gaps in Honda's model range compared to Mazda and Toyota.