All Members

1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Nels submitted a new guide:

How to Add or Change your Avatar - All Members

Check the full guide here.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @Members they are still a large number of new members with no avatar please take 2 minutes to chose one. This goes for few who can't be bothered, come on put some effort in.

3. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Yes please do I'm with you on this one for sure @Ichiban as is really easy and allows people to personalise their profile which is cool :mosh:

Ichiban, Zoot, MickyB and 1 other person like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Bump, grab yourself an Avatar peeps !

5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    i personally see this area of forums flawed and also a missed oppertunity for members to make some kind of introduction of themselves
    firstly a avatar/picture which relates to something honda after all this is a honda site ?
    also to fill in their profiles ,age ,country ,town at the least just to give some kind of background of whom you are talking too
    i personally won't be talking too or taking seriously any members that can't be bothered to fill in just the basic requirements of being a member !
    if you feel that a quirky non honda related avatar is something you want to post the is a topic for explaining what your avatar means and again an oppertunity to introduce yourself to other members !
    i personally can't see why people put a dog picture is place as an avatar ? (this is not directed at any one in in particular) unless their dog is called honda .Civic .VTEC etc etc ..... better place in some dog forum elsewhere ???

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    On that premise Slim should we not discuss anything other than Honda ??

It's a free country and people can chose to have whatever Avatar they wish, the more varied the better I'd say, add some colour and variety into the mix :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There are extremes to what your avatar can be unless it not rude its fine.. in an ideal world it should be Honda related but some people are not so fanatical about the brand.

So let people chose their own avatars but people need to update their avatars , maintain their profiles maintain their introductions which quite frankly is not happening.. Currently new members are joining the forum grab what they can then they are gone for good.

8. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I do put diesel in my Honda. Is that OK with the avatar Nazis?

AccordCU2 and SpeedyGee like this.
  9. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    that is so far from what i meant
    most forums have an off topic section as we do
    it just nice to have a feeling to whom you are talking to . with avatars non motoring themed and no profile i have as much time for them as they have taken to fill in their basic details
    the topic for reason for your avatar was a fun and imformative posting on other members that is the ones that took the time to explain

10. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    Here's an dog avatar speaking. :dogs:When you have quite a Honda collection to choose from then you can upload a nice and unique avatar. When you only have one Honda like me, which you can see in the bottom of this post and with photos in the garage, then i like to choose something different. A dog. Our dog. Which sits in a Honda every day of the week.
    And i may not be as fanatic like others, that doesn't mean i am not interested in everything Honda. Your Honda generator for example, something i even didn't know exists before, was a joy to read and i will never forget.

So next time you see the avatar of our dog, you will remember it's that dog that jumps in a Honda every day! :Grin:

image.

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    :gohonda::Wub::dogs:

jazzway and HondaHeritage like this.
  12. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    thank you jazzway for an excellent explaination and taking the time to do so:Grin:
    thank you for the kind words regarding my generator and like wise i shall not forget your avatar and yourself and the story behind it :Thumbup:

Ichiban and jazzway like this.
  13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Personally, I prefer to see a unique avatar that can help to easily identify a member. If there is a story behind it, them even better.
    I believe all members should upload an avatar, and I will be highlighting this guide to all new members in their introduction if they have not got one. :HobbyHorse:

jazzway likes this.
  14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    can we not move Jazzway's post to Avatar story thread? might kick start replies

jazzway and Nels like this.
  15. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Good shout. :clap:
    Copied onto that thread, as it sit well here too.:Wink:

jazzway and SpeedyGee like this.
  16. jazzway Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Marlène Maasgouw
    I already wrote about my avatar in the story thread a little more than a month ago. :Wink:

legend-ary and K24 CL9 GUY like this.