General How to bypass Airbag check for Seat/Side Airbags?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Sunday 4th Oct, 2015.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

I have recently (well nearly a year now) changed my front seats to a non-airbags version (kinda like Recaro seats on CL7 Euro R) so the Check Airbag light is always on. I thought it was a non-issue but someone told me that the airbags won't be deployed if the light is on.

Is there a way for me to trick the system into thinking that i still have the seat/side airbags on/working?

Thank you.

2. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

tOOEG6B.

3. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Anyone can point me to the right direction on this issue?

Thanks

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Don't know of any tricks and TBH I wouldn't want to try any tricks on the airbag system !

Correct way to take this forward will be to get the code for SRS system read using HDS and see what that tells about the issue.

5. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well i believe there must be a way of dealing with this. Since I definitely know why the airbag warning light is up (me changing the front seats to non-airbag seats).

Alright, will try to ask around. Hopefully someone would be able to assist me with this.

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oh OK, so you don't have a fault as such (sorry I had missed that point).

You could probably use resistors on the seats SRS connectors to fool the system into thinking it still has airbags present there.

mustnap likes this.
  7. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

any suggestions on the Ohm of the resistor? I will give that a go.

Just need to think of a clever way to attach a resistor there (would not want to remove the connector on my previous seat - in the event that I want to revert my seats back to stock).