Guides How to change/replace numberplate light

accord 2008-2014 8th Generation salon

1. micko Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark micko copenhagen
    micko submitted a new guide:

how to change/replace numberplate ligth - accord 2008-2014 8th Generation salon

Check the full guide here.

2. as13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bloxham
    Just changed my bulbs the guide was really helpful but I didn't need to remove the outer strip above the number plate, i removed the inner screwed click plug and I removed the other retaining click plugs, then i could squeeze the two sides inwards and the housing with the bulb came out (inner side of the boot).

Nels likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@as13
    Thank you for your helpful experience with this.

Can you please add some photographs of how you did this?

4. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all.should have read this first.Can anyone detail how you remove the surround above the plate. I need to replace the polycarb lense housing as i broke one on the clips expecting to be able to remove it without pulling off this surround. .

Attached Files:

5. as13 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bloxham
    Hi I didn't need to remove the detailing above the number plate. I had to access from inside the boot, I remember if the lens cover popped out if it did and think it did with my finger and thumb just squeezed gently the clips holding the lens and with the other hand putting a small amount of pressure on from the outside to help it through once the clips had been pressed in enough. If I get time tomorrow I'll see if I can pop them out again and I'll let you know how i did

mcgowanp likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've not had to do this on an 8th Generation, but did on the 7th.

Not sure if this helps, but it shows the bulb holders and lens (very similar to yours) and how to remove the trim above the number plate.

Replacing Rear Number Plate Bulb

7. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was sure that thats how it was meant to come out but i just couldn't get it through.even with access to both sides.i might give it another go.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks for that.Must be a technique thing.I have removed these on other cars without much issue.might go mad and read the manual too

8. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Hey @mcgowanp you still having an issue with this as I have a real easy 2 min method where don't need to remove anything and will do a lil guide for you tomorrow if needs be. I have changed mine several times as bought cheep LEDs that didn't last long until were having their own disco :Tongue:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Is it different on the 8th Generation tho I wonder?

9. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had no joy with it. I had a 7th Generation but can't recall.. i think the surround is different . I have a pic attached at area in question. I ended up wiring a reverse cam today and i just drill it in situ to route the cable. Still love to know how to replace at some point.i tred getting off the garnish.comes way ok in middle but sides are very tight.i let it be.

Attached Files:

10. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    Intreaged? I literally just used a small flat head screwdriver with a bit of tape wrapped round it for protection before or a trim tool now I have one and just carefully pry along until you pop the clips and just keep going until they are all free. If you can get part lose so have a gap maybe spray a lil WD in to lube if seem too tight? I was scared first time I did it but is really easy.

11. mcgowanp Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had a look at my manual for replacing the bulb. You have to pull down the liner .so i reckon to get the lense out you must have to pull the garnish off. Wonder why other models can do this though.

Attached Files: