Body, Paint & Styling How to close the gap between bumper and headlight?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by mustnap, Thursday 11th Feb, 2016.

1. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Hi guys.

Just to share something that irks me a bit. I replaced my stock headlight unit with a used stock Honda HID headlight (imported from Japan) from a breaker. When I installed it on my car, there seemed to be a gap between the headlight and the front bumper, quite noticeable if you view it in person.

My question is, how can i fix it? It is just cosmetic thing and if the steps are too lengthy, or need special tools, i will take my own sweet time to fix it.

YeEwwqa.

k4DzG5Q.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Underneath the headlight are the bumper grippers,so remove the bumper and ensure when you fitting the bumper these gripper have good purchase on the lip otherwise it will pop out.

If the bumper or bumper grip are damaged then you can't fix it but to replace both items.

mustnap likes this.
  3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Looks like the light is sitting a little high, Is there any adjustment in the brackets of both the light and bumper?
    I have never messed with them on the accord but had a similar problem on an old MX5 2nd Generation we once had.
    I was for ever fettling to reduce the gap in the same place as yours. It basically took a lot of fine adjustments for both the light and bumper until I was reasonably happy.

4. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Alright. I will try to detach the bumper and check the gripper under the headlight.

Thank you.
    - - - Updated - - -
    When i had the headlight installed (a garage did it), i did not notice any adjustment on the bracket. I will see if that is the case if i ever manage to remove my bumper to detach the headlight.

The headlight needs changing anyway, as the bulb and/or HID Ballast is near its end of life - the left headlight sometimes flickers and suddenly the light went out.

5. kokkss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia Andis Liepaja
    Hi, those bumper grippers are faulty on our cars and problem can be solved in few ways:
    1. New gripers
    2. DIY like it shows on pic attached

bf3b362s-960.

Last edited by a moderator: Thursday 11th Feb, 2016
  6. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Aha, thank you for the picture! I will check if the DIY thing is the better option when i get to fixing the issue.