Bulletins & Advisories How to Enter the HFT Self-Diagnostic Function

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Service News, Thursday 16th Aug, 2012.

1. Service News Staff Managed Dealer Information

UK
    This step by step guide can be done on your own drive without the need of visiting a Honda dealership.

This guide is to give you pointers on any specific issue you may encounter, the guide is hints and tip and any DTC code should not be interpreted as system failure. For in depth clarification you will need to visit the Honda dealer to a through investigation or you can come to yours truly.

To run the Self-Diagnostic Function, do the following:
    • Turn the ignition switch ACC (I)
    • Press and hold the HFT BACK button for more than 5 seconds.
    • When the hands free telephone system enters the self-diagnostic function, the word ‘‘DIAGNOSTIC MODE'' is displayed on the multi-information display (MID) on the gauge control module.
    • If the system has not completed testing for DTCs, the hands free telephone control unit audibly outputs ‘‘The hands free system test is in progress''.
    • If there is no DTC, the hands free telephone control unit audibly outputs ‘‘The hands free system is OK''.
    • If there is any DTC, the hands free telephone control unit audibly outputs ‘‘The hands free system needs to be serviced''.
    NOTE: The self-diagnostic function can only be initiated while the HFT is in its idle state i.e not in use.
    The self-diagnostic function is considered to start once the 5 seconds press and hold is detected, and ends when the units returns to idle state.

Exiting the Self-Diagnostic Mode
    • Press the HFT BACK button and exit the self-diagnostic mode.
    HFT.JPG

2. foxleys Premium Member Club Supporter

England Jersey
    Hi
    For us newbies, please could you explain what "DTC" means and how to put the HFT into "Idle" state.
    thanks

Last edited: Wednesday 21st Nov, 2012
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Idle state don't get you what are you trying to achieve.?

DTC Diagnostic Troubleshooting Code, commonly called error code, Christmas lights.:Xmas::Xmas:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I now get what you mean by " idle state" you are referring to The self-diagnostic function can only be initiated while the HFT is in its idle state.

It means you should not be making a call via the HFT whilst doing this procedure and the system should be in idle status or not in use..

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. tals Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Miles Romsey
    My HFT hasn't worked for some time, but when I was trying to resolve it Honda kindly took a unit out from another honda and tried it in and it still didn't work :Frown: So just be warned it may not be the HFT (or so Honda would lead me to believe). So i'd be tempted to take it to honda first and see if they will swap a unit in just to test it first.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @tals anymore updates on this mate?