Electrical & Lights how to get aux on satnav system

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jacek, Monday 7th Apr, 2014.

1. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    guys how to get aux input? i have premium sound system with cd changer and satnav dvd reader in dash. i had a quick look on ebay, and i found some aux cables for £6-10 and some modules £ 50+ . or maybe there is a diy way of doing it? pls help guys coz i had enought of burning cds :Smile:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    xcarlink is your safest bet bud.. Have a search for thread on here and some DIY on the accord, Not seen a FR-V install yet.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I have an Eonon unit which has Bluetooth streaming, Aux input, USB and SD, as well as an external mic-port for HFT. I had a look the other day on eBay for someone and they don't seem to be sold anymore. I paid £49 for mine, as it occasionally locked up when I first brought it and the seller was unhelpful, eBay actually refunded it and I ended up getting it for free.

As well as xcarlink, you've also got Grom and Connects2 which have solid feedback as well. All of those mentioned follow the same basic installation process as the 'xcarlink' guide linked above.

5. jacek Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

jacek
    thx guys, i think I'm gonna go for fm transmitter instead

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Only thing I'll point out is that an FM transmitter can sound a bit naff at times :Smile:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The Xcarlink kits that plug into the head unit can be operated from the head unit and steering wheel control.
    Safer than trying to change track / album whilst driving