Facelift Model How to set speed warning on Honda Accord

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Monday 18th Jun, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    On facelift 7th Generation Accord you have the Honda first basic i-MID. You have the ability to set audible & visual warnings on the dash when you exceed the preset chosen by you.

How many of you use it on your Accord and are members aware of this feature ?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When i had 7th Generation i actually found out about that accidentally when i pressed and hold some buttons on the steering wheel(can't remember now which one):Smile:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hold the select/res button or a few seconds it will bring up the speed menu then the two speeds can then be set.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I found this menu by accident as well while having a play. Not tried using it yet. Thought about it the other day actually while on the motorway, but decided it'd distract me too much trying to get in the menu to remember how to set it. Think I might leave it until I let someone else have the pleasure of driving it, then set it without them knowing, and wait for the comments. :Rolf:

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm aware of it but don't currently use it. I keep meaning to have a play with it.

6. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used it on my 7th (and now my 8th) set to 30 & 70. I found out about it by reading the manual funnily enough! :Smile:

Another setting I use is Trip A reset on re-fuel. Makes it easier to keep track of MPG once you got your eye in (e.g. anything over 320 miles at half-tank meant high 40's)

7. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a play when I first got the car but the speeds that I drive at could do with one to give me a minimum speed warning. I think CJ even commented last time I went to Stoke that he never drove his car at the speeds I did :Smile: