ICE & HFT How to Use the Audio System Self-diagnostic Function

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 29th May, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is for Paul for cars without the sat nav as standard.

Turn the ignition switch to ON (II). Turn the audio unit off.

Push and hold the No. 1 and No. 6 buttons. While holding the buttons, push the VOL knob to on. Release the buttons and the self-diagnostic function begins.

By pressing a pre-set button, the input will trigger the diagnostic mode that is assigned to that pre-set switch.
    No. 3 button.

Entire LCD lighting/light-out mode: Turns on/off the entire LCD to show the presence or absence of an LCD failure.
    No. 4 button.

Illumination level indication mode: Indicates the duty cycle for the illumination dimmer control of the gauge assembly.

Gauge dimmer control values:
    Headlights off: OFF
    Headlights on: 01 (max low) through 22 (max high)
    AM/FM or FM button (Push and hold 5 sec.)
    Reception level check mode: Indicates the reception level. When entering the reception level check mode, the AM/FM button or FM button is used to change the main/sub antenna.

AOCUK 8thgen without satnav.JPG

2. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks CJ. This is what I did yesterday but it didn't work first time, letting me use the steering wheel controls instead. I remember driving home from the dealer recognizing the stations were short but then thought I'd mucked it up looking at the settings. I wonder if the radio was only seeking RDS stations, as none of the then missing stations broadcast it. I also didn't get anything resembling a serial number from the diagnostic but more a software version lookalike. Enough already. All's good; I'll check reception but didn't know there was a 'sub-antenna' involved.
    Love your idea about the factory process. Friends recently flew to Germany, watched their BMW 1800 bike being made and then rode it through Europe. Now that's bonding !

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Paul, Run the diags mate you will nail it, all it needs is auto calibrating and then go tell the dealers how to fix it. :Wink:

As for the ownership experience,I would happily pay for the privileged to go to the sayama plant and see my baby being born and I would be willing to pay for it.

I would even take my 8 year daughter who is being moulded as the future Honda fanatic, she love them to bit :Happy: make me very proud.

4. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

These are the diagnostics, cj. As you can see, no serial # ? I ran the AM button for 5 seconds after the FM one too. The radio is fine but i haven't a clue whether I'm on main or sub-antenna ...

5. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

6. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

try again

Diagnostics

image. image. Paul's_diag1. paul_diag4.

Last edited: Thursday 31st May, 2012
  7. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

diagnostics

3rd attempt

Attached Files:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It will be on the main antenna bud, that looks good to me.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Bump for 8th Generation owners I have been asked this question directly :Smile:, Please I would urge you to ask your question to the wider audience as it servers a better purpose as it helps everyone.