Dealers/Garages Howards Honda Exhaust manifold problem

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Chadders, Wednesday 21st Dec, 2011.

1. Chadders Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many of you know about the fault which can develop with the 7th Generation prefacelift Accord the exhaust manifold can crack causing fumes to get into the vehicle. Well mine developed the exhaust problem recently. However my car was older than 7 years old, 7 years and 6 months to be precise, but only done 105K. I went to Howards Honda on Tuesday in Weston Super Mare and they've been brilliant. After listening to my issue they gave me the number for customer services, I called them and they asked me to take the car back to Howards which I did today Wednesday they fitted me in no problems. They diagnosed the fault and were happy to contact H UK, which they did. My car is now booked into Howards for friday inc a loan car from them free of charge. Honda have agreed to pay for the part leaving me to pay for the labour which is cheaper than the part. Howards have been polite, efficient, and the only thing I had to do was to make the initial call to Honda UK. I can highly recommend them if you're down in this part of the country :Wink:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Re: Exhaust manifold problem

That is excellent news and the proof all Honda dealers should not be treated with contempt. Honda does help it all depends how you approach and come across whilst making your pitch. Paul when you get the work done please give your feedback but within the guidelines outlined in our Honda discussion policy.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Good news and glad Honda have met you have way :Smile:.

The exhaust manifold problem also effects the facelift as well just for info (I had to have mine done).

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Not only have Honda extended the warranty, they have contributed to a claim beyond the extension, that is very decent of them.

5. Chadders Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

All fixed on friday no more smells in the car and alll for an incredable £215 inc VAT

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That's excellent service. Very cheap.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is good news Paul good to know we have a flexible and a excellent dealer in your part of the world. I may pop in and check them out in a few months.

8. Chadders Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Let me know if you do we can meet up

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  10. gedutism Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what you paid these 215 £ for???
    it suppose to be free of charge

Sorry.didn't read till the end.
    Apologise.

11. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Honda also replaced my manifold after i phoned HUK i was very polite on the phone and got reply in 1hr,also i had 134k on clock but i do have full honda service history i also only had to pay for labour