Introductions Howdy folks

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Django750, Sunday 14th Sep, 2014.

1. Django750 New Member Getting Started

Mike
    I was just wondering if this is the norm, have recently bought a 09 plate diesel Civic, and very nice it is to, though am a little surprised to find that am only getting very low 40's mph on longish A road journey's with girlfriend driving quite modestly ( despite the on board computer assuring me I'm getting around 50 ) or does this indicate something little more sinister?

2. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Hi Django750, welcome to the HK Club. Whilst I cannot answer your question, as I do not own a Civic, as this is THE Honda Owners Club, there are many members who will give you the info you request. Enjoy your Civic!

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    What's your mileage? I cleaned the EGR valve in my brothers diesel Civic and both economy and performance improved.

4. Django750 New Member Getting Started

Mike
    63000 at present, thanks for reply , it sounds like a good tip, did it improve it by much?

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Definitely worry checking, i did my mondeo also and it helped. Doing my CR-V soon.

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to the Club. As Zoot has stated this is the place for all things Honda and there are many who will help you along the way.

7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome to HK Mike :welcome:

I too am disappointed with the economy of my I-DTEC. I only get at best 10MPG better than all my previous 2.0iVTEC petrol Accords - 40-47MPG A road cruising as opposed to 33-35MPG round the doors on petrol. Petrol only 5MPG worse than I-DTEC when A road cruising. Having said that it is the most economical diesel I've ever driven. VAG diesel for example no more economical whatsoever.

Other members getting better results than me but I am still not convinced by this economical diesel argument.

8. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Had a look at the EGR valve on my CR-V tonight and had to abandon it. There's bolts/nuts in areas that are inaccessible so I'll need to do some research on this. I'll open a new thread with photos.

The Civic is far easier though and worth doing.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Regarding economy, I'm now getting 39.8 MPG local short urban journeys with just one motorway journey from Glasgow to Falkirk. For such a big car that's pretty good I reckon.

9. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to the club @Django750. I have the same engine as you but in an Accord and get much higher mileage than that. Is your low MPG according to the car after you have reset the trip computer? What is the service history on the car like? Looking forward to seeing a picture of your car in the garage at some point.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome @Django750. :welcome:
    Yes, your diesel Civic should return much better MPG than that.

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome @Django750 - any progress with the MPG issue?